TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tracking Production- possible once it starts??

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by ICUDoc, Aug 10, 2015.

1. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

Is the car in a Black Box while being built, or can you follow its progress eg what bit they are currently sticking on it?
    And if I can't watch the CCTV of my car's production, then I want to know why!!!!
    (sorry, just excited about the build beginning. I am very, very boring and stable at work. And at home, mostly. Oh well)

2. Wattup

Wattup Member

I did read that originally Tesla allowed owners to track vehicles via the app but too many people were blowing the horn, flashing the lights and leaving the sunroof open during transit that they stopped allowing that access.

3. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Unfortunately not ICUDoc. Do what we all did and keep refreshing your My Tesla page 20 times a day whilst in production. :love:
    On average it takes between 5 and 7 days to build and 2 months to ship, wharf strikes allowing. :cool:

4. paulp

paulp Member

What you only did 20 times a day? How did you get down so low?

5. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

LOL.
    you guys are a great source of encouragement while I wait!!
    I hope this is as fun as I'm expecting :)
    Thanks for the data, moloccom
    Regards, all :)

6. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

Nope! It HAS been suggested in the past that cctv of the production line should be available, but stony silence on the issue from Tesla. Just hope they don't do to you what they did to me - 20 odd days in production with no explanation. The car has been great over the past 8 months tho', with only two extremely minor issues. One, a slightly sticky charge port door, fixed in 10 mins, and a low coolant fluid warning on one occasion when I was stationery on a 30 degree incline, which was probably the reason, but they added a bit of fluid anyway just to be sure, and checked for leaks and found none.