Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking the new maps rollout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks!! I am now checking your map 5 times a day to see if any Michigan users have received the new Map updates rather than checking my router 5 times a day to see if I got a 5 gig download. ;)
I'm in Michigan.
I see a 5.28Gb download to my Tesla, but when I went to the detail from the T screen, no mention of the maps was listed, still the old release notes. Does it take many hours to install?

I think they're coming down now for my MX100D in Dallas. Husband's MS70 pulled them late last week. We're both on 14.2. I submitted details for both to the mapping effort here - I'll update the MX data when confirmed.

They’re here.

Attachments

• 7DF0253C-D755-49F8-B3EA-169DACFB11EB.jpeg
    7DF0253C-D755-49F8-B3EA-169DACFB11EB.jpeg
    353.9 KB · Views: 80
For those so interested, here is my specific download profile for the new nav/maps. The This was captured by the ntopng network tool and covers yesterday (Tuesday) till about 1 pm today, Wednesday. You'll notice that it downloaded almost 27 GBs over the two days, starting at about 2 pm yesterday. I did go out shortly before 5 pm, which looks like it might have interrupted the download. However, from about 7 pm (when I got back) till about 11 pm, it downloaded another 6.7 GB. It apparently did not find that satisfactory either, as it downloaded another 6.8 GB from about midnight to about 4 am. Then, from about 5 am to about 8 am, it downloaded another 8 GBs before going back to normal traffic. I checked the car at 9 am, and there was still no new navigation notification, but a check at noon resulted in the new nav/map notification. For what it's worth, I am still on 2018.12 and have not received the updated MCU1 version.

The car sits on very good wifi connectivity and I don't really know why it downloaded so much data over this period. Other than the first period, the other downloads were uninterrupted. I see many folks report downloads of just about 5.8 GB, but I also see other folks report over 20 GBs, so go figure!

tesla.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: chispas
So I got the 14.2 update about a week ago but no map updates through yesterday. I’m connected to home wifi but a weak signal (one bar). So I tethered my phone to the car for about 2 hours last evening on the hope... but nothing obvious when I checked the car afterwards.

Until... I got in the car this morning and there it was! Coincidence maybe. But glad I got it either way.

Attachments

• 75FD34DE-B73D-40D8-9111-8CF0A9D01A48.jpeg
    75FD34DE-B73D-40D8-9111-8CF0A9D01A48.jpeg
    426.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Informative
Reactions: obie_fl
I got the 14.2 update last week on 4/19 - oddly enough this was the night before I had a service appointment scheduled to get my charge port checked out.

Then today I noticed I had the new GPS... the instrument panel interface looks much different (as compared to the interface on the main screen which is a bit more subtle). Also the voice of the lady is a bit more "elegant" lol

I got the message...but my car only pulled 150 MB.

I finally got mine installed. Was offered to my car about 6 hours after installing 2018.14.2 (I had 10.4 before). Make sure you car is plugged in AND on WiFi. I found that putting the car into/out of drive would kick it off of wifi and stop the download. The download should resume from where it left off when back on wifi and plugged in. (If you're not plugged in, the download will stop after about an hour). And if you're not on WiFi, the download will stop immediately.

Looking at the logs on my car, the new nav sync started at 3pm yesterday. It completed the download at 11:38pm, starting and stopping several times throughout the day. At that point, the new update sat "staged" until 2:45AM this morning, when it started "updating". It looks like it finished updating ("idle") at 9:53AM (which, probably not so coincidentally, was exactly when I finished a drive this AM and plugged it in). I got the new maps notification on the screen when I got back into the car for my next drive a few hours later.

• Informative
Reactions: apacheguy