TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Traction and regen stops when i accelerate too hard...

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by ResB, Dec 31, 2013.

1. ResB

ResB Member

Who else had this problem? Any one know what the reason is for this problem?

The traction and regen quits when i accelerate too hard. I have to shut down the car entirely (stop, park, get out) and then restart the car to get it working again.

It is very annoying.

y2e9u6y7.jpg

2. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

It looks like the message is saying to contact Tesla for service. Have you done that? It may be a problem with the car and not related to your driving style.

Having said that, I know ABS systems will shut down if the car senses that they have been "overused" and could therefore be overheating.

3. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

Contact Tesla, it's definitely a problem and not normal.

4. TylerCA

TylerCA Member

Never seen this before even when I drive the car hard