Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traction/Braking/Stability/Emergency Warnings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep getting these warnings "traction control disabled", "automatic emergency braking is disabled", "stability control disabled" and they all go away when i reset the car and/or use the "turn off" option and pressing the brake after 2 minutes. But these keep coming, and on the regular lately. Anyone has this problem? Did you take it to the dealer or just reset whenever they occurred?

Mine got really worse over time to the point it was not drivable. I almost had to tow it in before i got it to work again with like 10 hard resets. Took it in for service 2 days ago, still waiting for their diagnostics. I'll let you know what happened

what exactly does this mean? it just appeared on my MX 2019. everything is updated correctly & i rebooted after i saw this figuring maybe latest update caused the msg. it’s annoying & worrisome.
anyone that can give a good reason & how to. on remedying it will greatly appreciate. put in a msg to service but no word back yet. Is it safe to drive with this not enabled? Thanx in Advance

@akng126 , any update on what the diagnosis was or is your car still at the SC? :)

Mine is giving me the exact same error messages as of today, so I’m keen to know what the issue is (and how it can be resolved).

Thanks!

Mine got really serious to the point
@akng126 , any update on what the diagnosis was or is your car still at the SC? :)

Mine is giving me the exact same error messages as of today, so I’m keen to know what the issue is (and how it can be resolved).

Thanks!

They took my car in and it took them almost a week to trace the problem. They took apart my whole car, all the way down to the bare metal. I came to get something out my car and they took me in to see it. It looks like someone just stole my car and took it to a chop shop to strip the whole car. My car stayed there for almost 4 weeks and they found one of the liner cableS to be loose and defective and a few other problems. I got my car back and everything is good now. No more problems. If you have this problem, you should take it to dealer ASAP before your car shuts down completely like mine did.

what exactly does this mean? it just appeared on my MX 2019. everything is updated correctly & i rebooted after i saw this figuring maybe latest update caused the msg. it’s annoying & worrisome.
anyone that can give a good reason & how to. on remedying it will greatly appreciate. put in a msg to service but no word back yet. Is it safe to drive with this not enabled? Thanx in Advance

I did the same thing you did every time they showed up but things just got worse over times where rebooting or hard resetting won't do it. My car was shutdown and car will not even go into park several times. There isn't anything you can do that can fix this except rebooting or hard reset every times this problem shows up but the solution is only temporary. I highly recommend you take it to Tesla ASAP before you car shuts down like mine did.