Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traction control and Regen braking turned off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning after pulling out of my driveway my traction control went off, I don't know if it happened because I pulled out a little more forceful, getting the back end to wip a little. Since I'm in Minnesota, i have drive the car in Chill mode when it gets snowing and slippery.
I don't know if this forceful getting going caused the traction control to become disabled, but I feel like just turning it off seems to be very unsafe.
I drove the 5 miles to work with traction and regen disabled and hope when I leave later tonight the error messages will be gone and the car is again operating correctly.
By the way the regen braking also turned off, which is for sure the weirdest feeling.

If the messages aren't gone, I will do a reboot and see if this fixes the issue.

regen could be limited or even gone when it's very cold. However, traction and stability control are something else. This has happened on people that had an abs sensor unplugged. Actually, some people unplug a sensor so they can do donuts in the snow. You might want to get service to look at your car.

I drove the car just 30 min before that happened with all the features working perfectly. Parked it in the driveway, like I said it felt like it engaged the traction control will I was pulling away and then it turned off.
Reminded me of the Autopilot feature going "disabled" when you are are driving the car in Auto pilot mode, and you are hitting the accelerator hard to maybe pass some one (yeah going quite fast) and it basically doesn't let you go back to Auto pilot until you park the car.