Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traction control, Auto Emergency Braking, No Re-gen, Anti-lock brakes errors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone seen these errors pop-up all at once: Traction control, Auto Emergency Braking, No Re-gen, Anti-lock brakes?

This happened to me 15 miles after delivery. The brakes started making grinding noises and vibrations. Felt like it was coming from the electronic system though not the actual mechanical brakes.

I immediately made a U-turn back to the Service Center. It has been there for a week now with no cause reported. There was talk that upcoming software push might fix it, but it seemed liked they were waiting on it still.

From what I've been hearing, the ABS sensors are integral to all those systems (since they determine how much regeneration vs. braking is required, finesse traction between the wheels, etc.).
Yeah, sounds like maybe braking at the same time as the drive unit trying to push it forward.

P.S. I would have been inclined to just pull over and get picked up rather than drive back. If something screwy was going on, besides excessive grinding on pads & disks, it might have been spinning the snot out of the differential and that can be really hard on the transaxle.

Yeah, sounds like maybe braking at the same time as the drive unit trying to push it forward.

P.S. I would have been inclined to just pull over and get picked up rather than drive back. If something screwy was going on, besides excessive grinding on pads & disks, it might have been spinning the snot out of the differential and that can be really hard on the transaxle.

It only happened when pushing on the brakes a little hard and felt exactly like ABS kicks in on a normal car.