Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traction control disabled / stability control disabled and other errors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
D13227A7-9813-4A99-8272-5883C61C049C.jpeg
Hi, I’m new to Tesla and to this forum.
Sadly, my new model S started given these errors less than 2 weeks in !!

Park assist unavailable
power brake reduced
AEB disabled
Traction control disabled
stability control disabled

This (or some combination of these errors) started to happen every time I drove it after day 8 or 9.
A reboot would get me going again, until the next time I drove it!
After various calls Tesla eventually came to collect it a few days before Xmas.
So far I’ve been told that it looks like “incorrectly twisted wires” causing”cross talk” - they are running tests to identify where the fault is. Let’s see what happens

Has anyone else seen anything similar ?

I so wanted to be an evangelist for Tesla but so far £80k down and not much to show for it :(

So, I've had the car back for a few days now and so far so good.

Jake at the Heathrow Service centre explained that a small number of cars (less than 1%) have an issue with phantom errors caused by 'cross talk' which is due to incorrectly twisted wiring. This has the effect of triggering sensors incorrectly causing the affected safety systems to throw errors and shut down the affected system.

The fix was to run diagnostics to find the affected wiring (which took several days) and, once the fault wiring was identified, it was removed and 're-twisted' (?). The car is then put back together and tested. Seems to have done the trick.

I understand thats Tesla have a new supplier of the wiring harnesses, which may be explain this new issue

Whilst I'm very disappointed to be in the 1% of cars affected by this problem, Tesla dealt with the issue efficiently (even though it was over the xmas holidays) and kept me well informed throughout.

Looking forward to many trouble free miles of driving my new Car - which my kids have now named RAVEN !

Thanks for the above information as I am having the same problem. Can you email me, or on here, let me know which wiring harness was bad on your car? I'm assuming there are multiple wiring harnesses that "could" be the issue as well. I'm also wondering if it could be the speed sensor... Pleas advise and thanks.

Last edited: