Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traction Control disabled, Steering Assist disabled, Regen Braking disabled Warnings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2013 S85 and would get a "Car needs service: Car may not restart" warning that would intermittently appear for 5 seconds then disappear for several weeks. Months later the warning stayed on and the car did a systems check upon start up followed by these warnings:

"Acceleration and top speed reduced"
"Regenerative braking system disabled"

I called Tesla roadside service and was instructed to drive to my local Service Center before trying a hard reboot of the system. My issue wasn't resolved by the reboot and the SC expedited my issue by checking the data logs. A day later they called to inform me the HV battery contactors were at fault and needed to be replaced under warranty along with the HVAC drain hose and 12V battery; the drive unit also needed to be replaced under warranty.

My suggestion would be to contact Tesla to see if they can diagnose the issue remotely through the data logs or in person. I've been told a lot of gremlins pop up when the 12V battery starts to fade. If you have multimeter or a 12V device tester, you can check your battery health. Something like this Anker Roav:

https://www.amazon.com/SmartCharge-Spectrum-Charger-Charge-iPhone/dp/B075RV7KRM

51krFy%2B81GL._AC_.jpg