Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traction Control Disabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Three weeks ago, I got in the car for the first drive of the day and after pressing the brake, the dash display came on with the message "Traction Control Disabled". I called the Tampa SC and was told to reboot in the usual manner. The message did not go away when the screens came back on but I started to drive anyway and after a few seconds the message disappeared. It happened again yesterday in a parking lot during errands. I tried the same maneuver and again the message went away only after I started driving. Has anybody else had this and do you think it is significant enough to warrant a service call or visit to the service center? Fortunately, I do not have to worry about snow and black ice and I do not have the habit of taking corners on two wheels.:wink:

During my first road trip I had several occurrences where traction control and regen were both disabled, sometimes along with other messages about the car needing service. It took four visits to service centers with other random symptoms and nothing meaningful in logs before they finally tore the car down to expose intermittent connections in the wiring harness. She has been reliable ever since and we were never in a situation where we couldn't drive the car. It was just really disconcerting.

Good luck! Hopefully their early experiences with cars like mine will help diagnose what's up with yours.

During my first road trip I had several occurrences where traction control and regen were both disabled, sometimes along with other messages about the car needing service. It took four visits to service centers with other random symptoms and nothing meaningful in logs before they finally tore the car down to expose intermittent connections in the wiring harness. She has been reliable ever since and we were never in a situation where we couldn't drive the car. It was just really disconcerting.

Good luck! Hopefully their early experiences with cars like mine will help diagnose what's up with yours.

Thanks for the advice and the reassurance of an eventual solution although I hope it won't take four visits. At least your experience did not indicate a catastrophic potential.