Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traction Control, Regen, TACC, Lane Change Warning DEAD Every Trip > 70 MPH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love my 2021 MYP but over the past five months, I've had this strange and unfortunate problem: whenever I drive over 70 mph, within ~10 minutes, my perfectly-working MYP errors out and I lose regenerative breaking, traction control, stability control, etc. All of this all at once. I have to reboot the car, or another trick is just change the tire size and wait for a partial reset, or if I just park it and leave it awhile, it resets these errors and everything works well again. It's never happened under 60 mph. It happens consistently when over 70 mph. Makes highway driving really, really suck.

I have been too busy to have the service center come out. Any ideas what this could be caused by? I will of course contact Tesla when I have time, but wanted to know who else has had this error.

It has been happening since ~Janurary, and I've had multiple software updates (currently on 2022.16.2)

Thanks for sharing any thoughts or experiences. I love this car but now highway driving is awful (and likely, much more dangerous)

Errors.png

Attachments

• Errors.png
    Errors.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 764
Reactions: NanaimoMY
Love my 2021 MYP but over the past five months, I've had this strange and unfortunate problem: whenever I drive over 70 mph, within ~10 minutes, my perfectly-working MYP errors out and I lose regenerative breaking, traction control, stability control, etc. All of this all at once. I have to reboot the car, or another trick is just change the tire size and wait for a partial reset, or if I just park it and leave it awhile, it resets these errors and everything works well again. It's never happened under 60 mph. It happens consistently when over 70 mph. Makes highway driving really, really suck.

I have been too busy to have the service center come out. Any ideas what this could be caused by? I will of course contact Tesla when I have time, but wanted to know who else has had this error.

It has been happening since ~Janurary, and I've had multiple software updates (currently on 2022.16.2)

Thanks for sharing any thoughts or experiences. I love this car but now highway driving is awful (and likely, much more dangerous)

View attachment 824377
No idea, but frankly, if you really thought it was dangerous, you'd have made the time since January to get it looked at. You need to do that. No one here can suggest anything you haven't already done to band-aid it.... Make a note of the date and time so they can quickly access the logs.

No idea, but frankly, if you really thought it was dangerous, you'd have made the time since January to get it looked at. You need to do that. No one here can suggest anything you haven't already done to band-aid it.... Make a note of the date and time so they can quickly access the logs.

Oh of course, I don't expect anyone to have a solution - I was curious if anyone had this happen to their MYP and if so, what all did SC do to fix it. Fortunately, I hardly ever drive on the highway, the Tesla is still safer than my other car (tiny old Toyota with ABS but otherwise no special safety features) and I hoped it was a software issue but a few updates later... no luck. So now I have an SC appointment in a few weeks and will update this thread with what all needed to be repaired/replaced once this matter gets sorted.

Unfortunately, took it to the SC today and they spent about an hour and thought they fixed it:

"Diagnosed and Check wheel alignment. Made minor adjustment. Reset steering angle. Road test: verified repair."

But they said they only got it to 75 mph for a minute or so.

Took it home, took to nearby highway and ~five minutes at 75-58 mph, same exact thing. The SC appointment says "Completed" in the app but I texted back via the app to see if I can reopen vs just making a new appointment. This sucks! Glad I don't use highway much. But if they can't figure this out it's a useless car because the entire reason I bought it was for traveling longer distances with my family.