TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Traction Control UX Bug

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by SabrToothSqrl, Apr 13, 2017.

1. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

I found a bug :p

Press 'Controls', then driving. Then turn T/C OFF (more fun this way)

Then, don't press 'disable'. press 'controls'.

The T/C slider says off, but it's not actually disabled, you just can't see the popup anymore.

so... it's mostly a UI bug

someone get on that.

2. tga

tga Supporting Member

It looks like the controls dialog pops up over the T/C confirmation dialog. If you click the close button on the controls dialog, you'll see the T/C dialog re-appear.

The bigger issue is YOU CAN'T DISABLE TRACTION CONTROL ANYMORE!?!?!

For some reason (I don't really know why), I tried to disable traction control this morning. I get the confirmation dialog, and select the disable button, but the slider resets itself to "ON" a second or two later.

This is a huge bug - I got stuck in a snowbank last winter (with Hakka R2's), and the only way I could get out is by shutting off traction control. If this is a new "feature" of 8.1, it's unacceptable.

3. SabrToothSqrl

I can still disable mine. I believe on AWD cars you cannot. You get 'slip start' instead.

4. Captainsin

Captainsin Member

I also cannot disable Traction Control. Have the same thing happen as tga. I called the service center and they had no answer. I wonder if its RWD P85 AP1 related?!?

5. SabrToothSqrl

Well, that's no fun. The whole point of a P85 is to turn off T/C and have white smoke pouring from the tires!

6. tga

tga Supporting Member

After contacting [email protected], the local service center pushed down the latest firmware, 8.1(17.18.50). It fixed the "can't disable traction control" bug I noted, but not the UI bug noted in the OP by @SabrToothSqrl.