Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traction Control UX Bug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
I found a bug :p

Press 'Controls', then driving. Then turn T/C OFF (more fun this way)

Then, don't press 'disable'. press 'controls'.

The T/C slider says off, but it's not actually disabled, you just can't see the popup anymore.

so... it's mostly a UI bug

someone get on that.

It looks like the controls dialog pops up over the T/C confirmation dialog. If you click the close button on the controls dialog, you'll see the T/C dialog re-appear.

The bigger issue is YOU CAN'T DISABLE TRACTION CONTROL ANYMORE!?!?!

For some reason (I don't really know why), I tried to disable traction control this morning. I get the confirmation dialog, and select the disable button, but the slider resets itself to "ON" a second or two later.

This is a huge bug - I got stuck in a snowbank last winter (with Hakka R2's), and the only way I could get out is by shutting off traction control. If this is a new "feature" of 8.1, it's unacceptable.

It looks like the controls dialog pops up over the T/C confirmation dialog. If you click the close button on the controls dialog, you'll see the T/C dialog re-appear.

The bigger issue is YOU CAN'T DISABLE TRACTION CONTROL ANYMORE!?!?!

For some reason (I don't really know why), I tried to disable traction control this morning. I get the confirmation dialog, and select the disable button, but the slider resets itself to "ON" a second or two later.

This is a huge bug - I got stuck in a snowbank last winter (with Hakka R2's), and the only way I could get out is by shutting off traction control. If this is a new "feature" of 8.1, it's unacceptable.
After contacting [email protected], the local service center pushed down the latest firmware, 8.1(17.18.50). It fixed the "can't disable traction control" bug I noted, but not the UI bug noted in the OP by @SabrToothSqrl.

So I had slip start for the past 2 years or so on my S75 but yesterday I noticed that it is back to traction control. I tried to disable, gives me a UI note that it will be disabled, but then it enables it again automatically in about a second or 2. Anyone else had their slip start taken away for a non-working traction control button?

IMG_3527.jpeg IMG_3529.jpeg