Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in 3 for Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are thinking about trading in our December 2019 Model 3 LR (with all standard features) and getting a Y.

Is there a way to see what Tesla would offer without initiating the purchase process?

Has anyone done this? What kind of trade-in value are you getting?

We are thinking about trading in our December 2019 Model 3 LR (with all standard features) and getting a Y.

That is going to be an expensive decision. Is there something you don’t like about the Model 3. Or do you just want the extra room?

I also bought 2019 3 AWD LR in December and it is great car. I prefer the way the 3 looks and don’t have kids. Only thing I still need to deal with is adding racks to make bike transport a thing. Would still need racks on the Y to transport 2 MTB without taking off front wheels.

That is going to be an expensive decision. Is there something you don’t like about the Model 3. Or do you just want the extra room?

I also bought 2019 3 AWD LR in December and it is great car. I prefer the way the 3 looks and don’t have kids. Only thing I still need to deal with is adding racks to make bike transport a thing. Would still need racks on the Y to transport 2 MTB without taking off front wheels.

Love the 3, but we do have two young kids. My wife will eventually get the 3 when the Cybertruck comes. She isn’t a big fan of sedans as it’s far more difficult for her to get the kids in and out of the car. She is currently driving a VW Atlas.

Reactions: house9