Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in 3 for Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am interested to see what they will offer on my 18' LR RWD with 28.8k miles and EAP in Metallic Silver. I have so many extras though like two sets of nice like new tires, maxpider all weather mats, wireless charge mat, oem tire repair kit, aero cap kit, professional tints done,etc. Does any of that bolster the value or that it's metallic silver even?

Last edited:
One thing I'm guessing most folks aren't aware of is that, apparently any post-delivery Tesla upgrade is not factored towards Tesla's trade-in offer. So this includes FSD, Accel boost, etc. that is purchased anytime after vehicle delivery. It sounds absurd to me, but that is what my delivery advisor told me..he seemed pretty confident stating that. Anyone hear this before?

I am interested to see what they will offer on my 18' LR RWD with 28.8k miles and EAP in Metallic Silver. I have so many extras though like two sets of nice like new tires, maxpider all weather mats, wireless charge mat, oem tire repair kit, aero cap kit, professional tints done,etc. Does any of that bolster the value or that it's metallic silver even?
I would not expect any of that (except possibly the color) to change the trade-in value. Just take out everything that isn't permanently attached like the window tinting. Actually window tinting could be a problem in case it is not according to the local laws.

I sold my 3 in Jan prepping for the Y. I loved the car but my wife had trouble getting in and out so it was easy to convince her the Y would be a better choice :). Still waiting for delivery unfortunately... Anyway, got a quote from Tesla but opted for private party - sold on onlyusedtesla.com for $6K more in just a couple of days for the exact asking price. Private party is the only way to go! Thankfully that was before this virus crap kicked in but still, private party is always the best choice to maximize your return. Trade in's are a convenience you pay heavily for....

There is Sales Tax rebate to consider when traded in to a dealer for a new car, here in Nevada. If the trade in value is $40k, up to $3.300 (8.25% sales tax) will be credited to the new car sale tax. (only at the dealer where you are buying the new car).

So if the new car value is $40k or less, there is no sales tax. If new car is over $40k, than $3,300 go to reduce it's sales tax.

Please take that into consideration.