Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in credit value wrong

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I submitted a trade to Tesla on my current lease which is up in October. My payoff on the lease is equal to Tesla’s offer. After a few days, My trade in credit came back as minus 5k.
Is this just a guesstimate, and they will get real lease buyout amount on delivery in late June? Or should I try and sort it out now.(I will also be exploring Carmax and other options when I get closer) thanks

sort it out now. called your SA and have them update it. when did you submit the trade in request because you have 30 days or 1000 miles before it expires. Late june sounds like the offer will expire before delivery. You'll have to send in an update odometer reading again and get a new quote.

Reactions: quantoc
Have Carvana give you a tradein offer too. We sold them two cars last year, one was going to go to Tesla until Carvana came in $3000 higher and our Tesla guy said that's common and I should take their offer. That car and the other one both had Carvana giving significantly more than either CarMax or anyone else locally. Carvana you do it all online, you have a week or so to accept the offer and then can move the pickup date at least twice without losing the offer (so can buy close to two months of time from what I recall as long as you don't drive more than 1000 miles in that time - pickup dates can be moved 21 days each time). On pickup day the dude showed up with a flatbed, you sign some paperwork and the bank transfer was being processed before he left with the car. On one the money was there the next morning, the other it arrived the same day. I wish I had more cars to sell, completely painless process. No local dealer BS, no randoms coming to the house. Just like Carmax but done on my own couch instead of at their location. Oh, you can leave the Tesla offer in place just in case something weird happens, I did and then told the SA a couple of days before pickup that there would not be a tradein after all, it wasn't a problem, he just redid the paperwork to account for more cash coming in and no trade.

Reactions: quantoc