Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade-In Damage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a bit of help/advice please - due to pick up my MY this month, and planned to trade-in my M3 to Tesla. During the time since I posted my trade-in pics, and now, some kind soul has opened their door into mine, causing a minor dink.. Any thoughts/advice on what best to do? Note the Tesla trade-in message I got said at some point "it's your responsibility to repair any damage since..." but I really won't have time prior to trade in.

Imho either you'll get away with it, or they will readjust the trade-in offer on the day, with, I suspect, a discount much greater than the cost you would have had to repair it now.

So while they say it's your responsibility to repair any damage, I would tend to think it's also in your best interest to do so as well...

Reactions: mst360
After a bit of help/advice please - due to pick up my MY this month, and planned to trade-in my M3 to Tesla. During the time since I posted my trade-in pics, and now, some kind soul has opened their door into mine, causing a minor dink.. Any thoughts/advice on what best to do? Note the Tesla trade-in message I got said at some point "it's your responsibility to repair any damage since..." but I really won't have time prior to trade in.
Paintless dent removal guys often come to you for the repair, usually 200-300 for door dings

Reactions: mst360