TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Trade-in Delivery in another state

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by BradDFW, Oct 3, 2017.

1. BradDFW

BradDFW New Member

I have a nice 2015 CPO on order and should get it in 3 weeks or so (fingers crossed). I currently live in Texas and am going to do a trade-in at the Dallas SC, however I'm going to pick my car up in Las Vegas. (I have friends that I want to see in LA so I would have had it delivered in CA, but I was told I would have to pay CA sales tax and TX sales tax, but not in NV.)

Considering I'm going in this site unseen I am a bit concerned and was wondering if anyone has gone this route before and if there were any issues. I'm a bit worried that if there is something major wrong with the car I won't be able to back out after leaving my trade-in at the Dallas SC.

I have asked for photos, but still waiting for them. Any suggestions welcome.

2. kmistry1986

kmistry1986 Member

I did this a few weeks ago when we picked up our car. We were picking up our car on a Saturday in Chicago and I was able to drop off my car at the Cleveland SC. Pick up went very smooth and we didnt have any issues. Our situation was slightly different as we were picking up an inventory model vs CPO, but I think its a moot point as something can go wrong in either scenario.

If you are trading in your primary mode of transportation, I would try to do it as close as possible to your pick up date and maybe even ask them to hold off on the paperwork in case something is wrong with the car you are grabbing.

In terms of the taxes, they charged me the correct OH taxes and they are going to take care of the paperwork and whatever else is necessary on that front. I am not positive, but I think CA is a little difficult in this respect so I cannot speak to that but maybe someone else can chime in there.

BTW, if you have a CarMax near you, get your trade in evaluated there. They gave me $2,000 more than what Tesla was giving me!