TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Trade in for Model 3

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by Sans Gas, May 10, 2018.

1. Sans Gas

Sans Gas Member

I would like to trade in to Tesla or sell my Model S 60 40,xxx miles warranty to 1/19 20, white located in FL to cover the cost of a Model 3 with short range battery, white, 4 wheel drive, upgrade package and maybe EAP, FSD. I don't know the cost of the 4 wheel drive option, but the others add up to $45,500. Is that fair car is in excellent condition? IMG_3387 (1) - Copy.JPG tesla cpo doc.jpg tesla cpo doc.jpg IMG_3387 (1) - Copy.JPG tesla cpo doc.jpg

2. Qbenjamin

Qbenjamin Frugal But Classy!

We need more details on your current S60 in order to give you a better trade-in estimate. Post a pic of the sale sticker if you can (omit your info). I'd recommend getting an estimate from Tesla, Vroom, Carmax, Carvana, etc., and price your vehicle a few grand higher than those offers.

As with the Model 3, you can only get the Long Range (LR) version right now, with the premium upgrade interior ($35K+$9K+$5K = $49K minimum). Short Range (SR) version won't be out until sometime next year. Expect to spend north of $55K for the LR with EAP.

3. Qbenjamin

Qbenjamin Frugal But Classy!

I'd also recommend that you put up (if you haven't already) a deposit on a Model 3 ($1K). As a current owner, you'll get priority over non-owners (6 weeks delivery time), but you don't have to actually order (configure) the car until you're ready (some people sat on their design notification for months before ordering).