TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Trade In $$ for your Roadster?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by MAPC, Dec 19, 2012.

1. MAPC

MAPC #158

Does anyone have any info that they'd like to share regarding trade-in offers by Tesla on their Roadster? I am waiting (now impatiently) to hear back and no word as yet. I am specifically interested in numbers for low mileage early Roadsters (MY2008).

I realize that they are busy, but Tesla would do well to hire a few more people to just assist with Customer Service and communication. My business would completely fold if we took a week or more to respond to simple emails from clients.

2. stenkb

stenkb Roadster 938 Model S 5957

Completely agree!

I have heard 2010 roadsters were getting offers around 60 percent MSRP. Yikes!! Try to sell on your own.

I myself have been waiting nearly a month for a trade in value and I guess it's not important.

3. strider

strider Active Member

There are a ton of people selling or turning in leased Roadster to buy Model S. Prices are depressed by a flood of vehicles into a small market. I would avoid selling if at all possible.

4. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

5. MAPC

MAPC #158

Based on those, I won't see the numbers that they discussed with me when I placed my S order.

6. HawaNY

HawaNY Member

I had an excellent experience with their trade in service. I found the transparency that they provide about their market data to have been extremely useful in making decisions about the roadster in the face of an arriving S. My service was very prompt and useful.

7. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

My guess is that Tesla could sell the used Roadster for a bit more than could normally be found through eBay and the likes.

Possible customers come to their showroom with interest.
    The company will have "checked out the car".
    They are familiar with the car selling process, transfer paperwork, etc.
    There would be some implied trust that they would stand behind the vehicle if something was found after the purchase.
    etc.