Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in inspection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered a 2020 SR+ and traded in a 2013 Dodge charger. How closely do they inspect the trade in's? The car is in really good condition but is still 7 years old. The only thing they asked for was 6 pictures. I don't want to get there and they find every little paint chip.

• Disagree
Reactions: Murky-Article
Just ordered a 2020 SR+ and traded in a 2013 Dodge charger. How closely do they inspect the trade in's? The car is in really good condition but is still 7 years old. The only thing they asked for was 6 pictures. I don't want to get there and they find every little paint chip.
They don't bother checking anything. A friend of mine just picked up a Model 3 and traded in his Q3 with the Check engine light on.

They don't care about the condition of the trade-in; I didn't even tell them which one was mine (simple to figure it out with the keyfobs). But they'll ask you to sign a document certifying the trade-in hasn't been a commercial vehicle or a taxi, there's no illegal mods, etc.