Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade-in Issues - Tesla hasn't paid off my trade, stuck paying for 2 cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. I traded in my BMW for a Model 3 (much better car). I paid for my Tesla in mid-July and received it (turning in my trade) in late July. Tesla has still not paid off the loan on my BMW, so I am paying for two cars now. Anyone else having similar issues? My delivery advisor seems clueless - and impossible to reach.

Hello. I traded in my BMW for a Model 3 (much better car). I paid for my Tesla in mid-July and received it (turning in my trade) in late July. Tesla has still not paid off the loan on my BMW, so I am paying for two cars now. Anyone else having similar issues? My delivery advisor seems clueless - and impossible to reach.

Hit your my Tesla page, click,ask a question, fill out the form and click escalated. You will get a prompt and thorough response. Also, have you checked with the loan holder on the BMW? I have observed instances where a loan was paid off and the “autopay” was not.

In any case once this is resolved, you will have overpaid the the lender for your BMW and the difference will (should) be returned to you. The temporary cash flow hit is however annoying.

Curious to hear when and how this gets resolved. When ever you get pissed, just go for a ride:).

Cheers

• Helpful
Reactions: suwaneedad