Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade-in Model 3 needs to have original wheels for trade-in pictures?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Buying a Y and trading my 3. All is good and I have a great offer but today I'm told it's $2,000 less than quoted if I can't send pictures of it with the original aero wheels on. I still have the wheels and will be putting them on for trade-in, I sent a picture of them and offered to send a picture of them next to the car but no-dice - they want them ON THE CAR in pictures to give the higher trade-in value.

Apparently they've had issues before? You'd think them stating they have to be on at trade-in time and me promising in writing that they will be would be enough? Seems very very odd - do I really have to switch the wheels on my car just for a photograph when my delivery could still be weeks or months away?

Anyone had similar issues?

Buying a Y and trading my 3. All is good and I have a great offer but today I'm told it's $2,000 less than quoted if I can't send pictures of it with the original aero wheels on. I still have the wheels and will be putting them on for trade-in, I sent a picture of them and offered to send a picture of them next to the car but no-dice - they want them ON THE CAR in pictures to give the higher trade-in value.

Apparently they've had issues before? You'd think them stating they have to be on at trade-in time and me promising in writing that they will be would be enough? Seems very very odd - do I really have to switch the wheels on my car just for a photograph when my delivery could still be weeks or months away?

Anyone had similar issues?
I had OEM Sonic Grey 20" Slipstreams on my Model X and they wanted to charge me $2,000 because the car came with silver 20" Slipstreams.

I had OEM Sonic Grey 20" Slipstreams on my Model X and they wanted to charge me $2,000 because the car came with silver 20" Slipstreams.

Thanks. So at least it's a standard policy. I just find it weird they can't trust me to bring it in with the right wheels on. I guess I'm just going to have to switch them for two photos, or find somebody who's really good with Photoshop! :)