Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade-in not adding up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is really weird, not sure how it is done in US, but in Canada, when you trade-in, taxes (13% in Ontario!) are calculated AFTER your trad-in value is deducted from the new car value. However, when I look at the Tesla breakdown, they calculated the taxes before the deduction, meaning PST (13%) on top of the new car value instead of $New Car- Trade In), see picture.

In my case, taxes have been calculated over $69,880.00, which equates to $9,098.70, should be 13% of ($69,880-$19,069.92), which is $6,605.30 not $9,098.70.

Has anyone in Canada notice that? I just sent a note to my TA to check that.

Attachments

• 0F0F0718-BF2C-4754-BC62-F16A2E6DD1E3.jpeg
    0F0F0718-BF2C-4754-BC62-F16A2E6DD1E3.jpeg
    262.9 KB · Views: 232
Hi,

I am from BC Canada and just ordered my MYP on March 22 but didn’t choose the option of trade in as I am not sure if I will get good value for my 2020 E Class.

can I still edit With my trade in option and can I decline the trade in offer if the offered price is not right?

Thank, Pendu

Hi,

I am from BC Canada and just ordered my MYP on March 22 but didn’t choose the option of trade in as I am not sure if I will get good value for my 2020 E Class.

can I still edit With my trade in option and can I decline the trade in offer if the offered price is not right?

Thank, Pendu
Yes, you can just message them and they can reopen the trade-in screen. They will give you a quote within an hour or two. You can decline it if it’s not competitive enough.