Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade-in offer definition of major cosmetic and mechanical issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@mjwh - That is quite a story. Based on your profile, you are in a major market. I was going to go with their offer as it was the cleanest. I'll keep that in mind as it progresses. Hopefully it will all work out in the end.
I’ll keep you posted as it develops… I’m sure it will work out in the end. Yes I’m in Seattle, so fairly major market. My guess is as long as you have 3-4 weeks and a willingness to do some leg work before you need the cash it’ll be fine for you.

Thank you. The Vroom offer even though slightly less than the Tesla offer (factoring in sales tax savings) could turn out to be better in the end. If my car doesn't come in for almost 2 months, I'd be past the 30-day window. They could reevaluate my trade and maybe drop the price by a grand or two. Then the Vroom offer would have looked amazing by comparison.

If it takes a few weeks to work out, I am fine with that. Earliest they said my order would be here is 4 weeks but I am not holding my breath.

Put the Vin, in Get a trade in # of $11,566.. Get excited send specified picts of freshly washed and detailed car, get an offer of $9,700._ Put the Vin in again, Get $11,566.. AGAIN, do the same w Carvana get a estimate of $11,707

Attachments

• DriverSide06_03_2021.jpg
    DriverSide06_03_2021.jpg
    878.4 KB · Views: 91
  • PassengerSide06_03_2021.jpg
    PassengerSide06_03_2021.jpg
    781.8 KB · Views: 51
  • SoulNose06_03_2021.jpg
    SoulNose06_03_2021.jpg
    529.2 KB · Views: 45
  • FrontSeats06_03_2021.jpg
    FrontSeats06_03_2021.jpg
    623.5 KB · Views: 44
Good for you. Even if you lose the sale tax advantage (if your state has one) of a trade-in, you still will come out a ahead.

The estimated delivery dates had me concerned and glad I just sold it when I did. Based on how things worked out I wouldn't have had a car until probably August except I ended up finding one in inventory and will take delivery in the next few days.