Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in question

vegas888

Oct 29, 2019
las vegas
I just ordered new MY trough Tesla dealership salesperson.

3 days ago i submitted trade in estimate online for my current car.
I told sales guy at Tesla i already have trade in estimate from Tesla.
He said no problem and took pictures of my car.

However my account says now "
Trade-In Valuation in Progress
A Tesla Advisor will review your vehicle details and contact you within 24 hours when your valuation is complete."

Why it says Trade-In Valuation in Progress if i already have offer (which btw i can not see at all in my account)?

I`m just concerned I will get new (lower) offer from Tesla , is that even possible?

acarney

Jul 9, 2019
Richland, WA

A Tesla Advisor will review your vehicle details and contact you within 24 hours when your valuation is complete."

Why it says Trade-In Valuation in Progress if i already have offer (which btw i can not see at all in my account)?

I`m just concerned I will get new (lower) offer from Tesla , is that even possible?

Do you have an email showing the trade in offer? Just print that out and take it when you take delivery. However, I think they're only good for 30 days or something, so there is a good chance you'll need another trade offer before you actually take delivery, and it could, and likely, will be lower by then.

GRACKLE

Oct 28, 2020
Austin, TX

The online estimate is just that. An estimate. After you place an order it asks you to upload photos of your car, and emails the actual trade in offer (valid for 30 days, and I think 1,000 miles) within 24 hours. If you do not receive the car within 30 days you will likely have to resubmit your updated mileage for a new 30 day offer, and the offer could be less.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC