TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Trade in turnaround time

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by ozymandius100, Apr 24, 2018.

1. ozymandius100

ozymandius100 Member

How long have people seen to get a response from Tesla with a trade in offer?

2. Merle Corey

Merle Corey Member

I seem to recall them saying 48 hours, but so far it’s been six days and still no offer. Just “In Progress”...

3. RangerRick

RangerRick Member

Huh, yeah, I got my confirmation and trade-in-value estimate within 24 hours of finishing out the survey from the SMS link.

4. Merle Corey

Merle Corey Member

Maybe I need to give them a call...

How was the value? KBB range I assume?

5. arcus

arcus Active Member

I've got mine within hours of providing the pictures. It matched KBB closely. I was trading in another brand though (not Tesla).

6. P&J-W

P&J-W Member

I am in my account and just got a vin and notice from my contact but I do not see any way to get to the survey. Is there something that pops up a link next to the "trade in pending" line?

7. ozymandius100

ozymandius100 Member

I got a low quote, but I was able to supply them a carmax quote which was matched for about 2k higher.

8. ozymandius100

ozymandius100 Member

They will let you know when the offer is completed. you can expand the link

9. P&J-W

P&J-W Member

My problem is I cannot put my trade in data in. Just wondering where do you put the pictures and rest of the data. I see no link, all there is is the "pending" line

10. ozymandius100

ozymandius100 Member

Your ISA should release that for you.

11. P&J-W

P&J-W Member

thank you ... i have been in contact and let him know I cannot perform my duties :) and they are pushing a 5 day limit
    aaaaaah the pressure :)

12. vinnie97

vinnie97 #WalkAway

Took 6 days before I was given an offer after pic upload. As you can see, it varies highly.

13. P&J-W

P&J-W Member

Thank you the ISA released me .... now it appears that the "unable to accept your data at this time please try again later"
    .......... tesla water torture

• Like x 1
  14. RangerRick

RangerRick Member

Yeah. It was "good enough" that I wasn't going to go through the trouble of selling myself. Especially with the PITA that is dealing with plate transfer not in one transaction in NC.

• Like x 1
  15. P&J-W

P&J-W Member

Trade in docs finished at 7:45 am Quote back by 9:20 am -- Pricing in line with expectation. All preliminary dance card items done now waiting for a delivery date ..... yea. Thanks all for the help

• Like x 2
  16. CricTic

CricTic Member

2 days but I emailed to poke them about it.

17. vinnie97

vinnie97 #WalkAway

I emailed also, still took 6 bloody days.

18. HopeToGolf

HopeToGolf Member

The process took a few days for me. It was quick once the ISA did a few things on her side.

It was all a waste of time since I listed my car on Craigslist (for 500-1000 less than what should be true private market value) and got about 3.3x Tesla’s original trade in value and 2.5x the CarMax matched trade in value. My 3 should have been here by now (a different story) so I am a bit stuck.

• Informative x 1
  19. SDKoala

SDKoala Model 3 LR RWD

When I did it last month I got my quote about 90 minutes after uploading the photos on a weekday afternoon.

20. Remonster

Remonster Member

Necro revive from a few months. Is this still about the time frame? 0-6 says? Any other experiences?