Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade-In Valuation in Progress

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

For those of you who placed an order and uploaded all of your trade-in information, about how long does it take for Tesla to turn around the valuation? I submitted my info a few days ago and I'm still seeing "Your vehicle details are being reviewed".

Thanks!

Hi,

For those of you who placed an order and uploaded all of your trade-in information, about how long does it take for Tesla to turn around the valuation? I submitted my info a few days ago and I'm still seeing "Your vehicle details are being reviewed".

Thanks!
You’ve got to be nuts trading into Tesla in this market. Or you must hate/not care about money.

Besides the convenience, there can also be a sales tax advantage in most states when you trade car with the selling dealer/retailer. However, the best advice would be to shop the car around to see what offers you get. These days, that doesn't even have to involve going anywhere as you can get online quotes/estimates from places like CarMax, Carvana, etc.

The other option is to try selling privately but not everyone wants the hassle or is comfortable doing so.

Reactions: TKai
For my 2017 S (with less than 13k miles and 1 owner)that I sold a month ago, Carmax offered $48k, Carvana was about $46k, some local dealer offered $52k. I didnt even bother with seeking tesla trade in.

KBB had private party value in the $59-$65k range. Sold it in less than 2 weeks via private party for $64k

You’ve got to be nuts trading into Tesla in this market. Or you must hate/not care about money.

I'm simply waiting on their offer, never said anything about if I would accept or not. I'm exploring all of my options including selling outright, which I did with my last 4 Tesla's.

I'm currently in a 2021 Taycan 4S so blue book values haven't been established yet for 2021 vehicles. At least not until the Sept/Oct timeframe.

I’m trading in my 2020 Model 3 LR for a 2021. Call me nuts if you want to, but I got a great valuation on my trade approx 2 K less than I paid for the car originally, considerably more than Carvana or Vroom, not to mention the convenience of simply dropping the car off and driving back home in my new car, and my trade in valuation has gone up since my original valuation.

I’m trading in my 2020 Model 3 LR for a 2021. Call me nuts if you want to, but I got a great valuation on my trade approx 2 K less than I paid for the car originally, considerably more than Carvana or Vroom, not to mention the convenience of simply dropping the car off and driving back home in my new car, and my trade in valuation has gone up since my original valuation.
Let us know how it goes when trade in day actually rolls around.

Hi,

Thanks!
I received the quote back from Tesla on a 2018 Cadillac XT5 in less than a day and the quote was competative.

Reactions: theslimshadyist