Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade-In Valuation time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had where their Trade-in was stuck on “Trade-In Valuation in Progress”? Mine has been like that for a week now having ordered my M3P on the 21st.

The SA is waiting to fully finish your trade in details until he/she has more information on when your Tesla will be ready.

They do this because the trade in evaluation will expire after 30 days or 1,000 miles. So, if your car is projected to take longer than that, they would have to redo the trade in assessment again. This is normal. They will finish up the valuation once a VIN comes into play.

(My trade in valuation has been on 'in progress' for over two weeks')

The SA is waiting to fully finish your trade in details until he/she has more information on when your Tesla will be ready.

They do this because the trade in evaluation will expire after 30 days or 1,000 miles. So, if your car is projected to take longer than that, they would have to redo the trade in assessment again. This is normal. They will finish up the valuation once a VIN comes into play.

Ahh, that makes sense, thank you!

We are going through this now. Carmax was the lowest for us on our Mercedes. Carvana (+2k), Vroom (+3k) and the Volvo dealer (+$500) were all higher. We decided to sell the car now through Vroom and save possibly two months of loan payments waiting for the Tesla. The PA savings on transfer tax wasn't worth it in the end. The Tesla is a 3rd car for us so we can make it work, but it pays to shop around.

Mine was stuck at this stage as well.. However, I turned in my CarMax quote, and they honored it to make it an official value. Never got a call from anyone at Tesla for an evaluation. I am definitely going to go over 1000 miles since the appraisal, so hopefully they are ok with that :)

We finished our deal with Vroom, but required a few phone calls to get them to send the paperwork out. Once the paperwork was signed a truck showed up the next day. Car was loaded on a transport to TX. Vroom overnighted me the check before they even received the car. Overall it was a great experience. So shop around if you can.

Reactions: SlimJim
Mine was stuck at this stage as well.. However, I turned in my CarMax quote, and they honored it to make it an official value. Never got a call from anyone at Tesla for an evaluation. I am definitely going to go over 1000 miles since the appraisal, so hopefully they are ok with that :)
They won’t be. When I called they said my trade in was expired. Website said all was good for the final original amount. Once you get a vin I bet they adjust the price.

Reactions: tren01t
They won’t be. When I called they said my trade in was expired. Website said all was good for the final original amount. Once you get a vin I bet they adjust the price.
An SA quoted the same for me regarding Tesla honoring the Carmax vehicle appraisal. Carmax uses Manhiem (clearing house for valuation of used vehicles. Tesla contracts out to them on their used vehicles). I currently have a trade in offer from Tesla, but I will stop at Carmax a couple of days prior to get a written offer and present it if is higher than Tesla's offer.

Reactions: alexucf
Sorry to dredge up an old topic. I have an order in progress. I've completed the Delivery Location, Registration and Trade-in steps. I am waiting for my valuation. I submitted a credit app for how much I'm willing to finance and was approved, but I have not clicked "Agree" yet. I was thinking I would wait til I get the trade-in amount before I sign up for the tesla financing (if they came in over the top, I could potentially do it in cash).

Question is, do I need to "agree" to the financing terms (which is apparently a final thing) before I hear my trade-in offer? Or am I safe to wait til they have an offer for me? Will they not give the valuation if there's no vin, and no vin if I don't finalize the loan terms?

I placed an in-person order at a gallery Monday afternoon with a trade-in. SA was really, really adamant that I complete the process (including the pictures) as quickly as possible, so I took the pics in the parking lot and submitted. First thing Tuesday morning (like 930am), got a call from Fremont and the guy says you haven't finished your checklist, you need to do that ASAP. Told him I still didn't have a trade-in valuation; he was like oh, you'll get that this afternoon, make sure you check and accept it today.

Now Wednesday AM, still no valuation. I'm confused as to what everyone's rush was/is to submit everything and finish the checklist if I can't because the valuation isn't there for me to accept! Anyone else get the same lately?

I placed an in-person order at a gallery Monday afternoon with a trade-in. SA was really, really adamant that I complete the process (including the pictures) as quickly as possible, so I took the pics in the parking lot and submitted. First thing Tuesday morning (like 930am), got a call from Fremont and the guy says you haven't finished your checklist, you need to do that ASAP. Told him I still didn't have a trade-in valuation; he was like oh, you'll get that this afternoon, make sure you check and accept it today.

Now Wednesday AM, still no valuation. I'm confused as to what everyone's rush was/is to submit everything and finish the checklist if I can't because the valuation isn't there for me to accept! Anyone else get the same lately?

That is odd. My Trade in request was done same day after I uploaded the pictures.

Reactions: berkowitzbt