Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in Value Offer expired the day before delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to run another valuation on my M3P trade today, they confirmed the same offer stands even after putting 900 miles on it in the last 30 days. Updated on the tesla website and just waiting for my MYP vin...

Reactions: ringo279
Ordered 10/21 w/30 day trade in valuation made on that date. VIN 11/6. Received a text 11/7 saying trade in docs will arrive 11/9 and to sign and both email and mail them back. But I got a text today offering 11/23-25 delivery, which will be just outside the 30 valuation.

Anyone else have this experience? Does signing the trade in docs lock in the valuation even if they deliver after the 30 days? Or do I need to do another valuation now?

I should find out tomorrow from my SA. I’ve only put 375 more miles on since the valuation (and don’t expect to go over 1,000), but I guess it could impact trade in if 55,000 is an important cut off.

If my case when I went to pick up I needed a new valuation and a reduced value. This hasn’t been everyone’s case though. Best of luck.

So, sounds like you had signed the trade in docs and it didn’t matter. Frustrating. Had you gone over 1,000 miles from the first valuation? Or had the first valuation been many months before? Trying to make sense of this. Was it a large difference?

So, sounds like you had signed the trade in docs and it didn’t matter. Frustrating. Had you gone over 1,000 miles from the first valuation? Or had the first valuation been many months before? Trying to make sense of this. Was it a large difference?

Yes I had signed. Didn’t matter. They said it was past 30 days and pointed to the contract. No where near 1000, like a couple hundred. My commute is only 5 miles round trip. It honestly seems like a money maker since in so many cases it takes them more then 30 days to get you a car. In my case somewhere like $1200-1500 for few extra days. Short of waiting to see what happens and hopefully arguing it, and winning, outside your control.