Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in values seem high again ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good good. We were in exactly the same position and now have a reservation for a Y. It was saying July 2022 when placing the order but on my actual reservation it is now saying May.. so take lead times with a pinch of salt...

For trade ins has anyone used anyone else but wbac or Tesla? Motorway? Any good bad or ugly for any?

Offered 55.7k 2 weeks ago for my p3d that I paid 51k for 12 months ago - that was without selecting a car to buy. I now have an MCR M3LR on order which was showing Aug, now showing May
As the offer expires after 60 days, this has a chance of being bait and switch - an illegal practice in the USA.

I’ve only had one price from Tesla and it was more than I paid a year ago. Motorway send me regular ‘still thinking if selling’ type messages and ‘your car is no worth’ and that’s about 4k less than Tesla but otherwise not really changing. But I can’t help thinking it’s going to change, look at various sites listing cars for sale and there seems to orders of magnitude more for sale now.

Motorway - massive click bait both times I’ve used them.
On a 2.5 year old X6 and a 3 month old electric mini.
Promised big numbers, then the bids came I was 2/3k short.
Wouldn’t ever use them again out of principle.
Jokers.
Sold BMW to Sytner, very smooth.
Sold mini to WBAC. And despite the varied rumours/ opinions they were the top price by quite a way. And a nice guy. And not a cent knocked off. Valuation actually went up.

Reactions: Js1977 and candida
£34.5k standard range plus white Nov 19. 40k miles.

Wait time now Feb 2023 for a standard Model 3 with aero wheels

Run for EVs with the fuel crisis?
In the US retail prices are high — low mileage MY long range in the high $60s. Performance in the mid- $70k range.

A really interesting view. Picking up the RWD in two weeks which is the most expensive car I’ve bought - so consequently I am nervous.

But it would be great to have a crystal ball to what values will do.

I put the order down not because of resale, but cost of materials. I can envisage list price increases on M3 so didn’t want to hold off.

Reactions: Dilly
A really interesting view. Picking up the RWD in two weeks which is the most expensive car I’ve bought - so consequently I am nervous.

But it would be great to have a crystal ball to what values will do.

I put the order down not because of resale, but cost of materials. I can envisage list price increases on M3 so didn’t want to hold off.
Tesla trade in quote for My 2020 M3 has gone up £1300 since January

I've been seeing articles saying that raw materials (like steel) are expected to go up in price this year due to shortages, which will push new car prices up again and extend waiting times again.

That's likely to boost second hand values for a least a couple of years until things settle down, but it won't stop places like WBAC and Motorway from pretending that they're dropping if they think they can get away with it from time to time.