Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in values seem high again ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me the final offer arrived once the offer would cover the whole estimated delivery window (Tesla told me it wouldn't be until I was matched to a car, but this turned out not to be the case). That took about 3 weeks. Of course that was before the Shanghai lockdown so it will expire anyway.
I could not understand why mine took 2 weeks when others were getting them in a day.
In hindsight I think this was the case for me as well. And it makes a lot of sense.

In March when Tesla valued my car at over £43K WBAC were valuing it at £36K. Yesterday WBAC they pinged me with an updated price now upto £40.6K.
Autotrader prices are also definitely up can't get an LR M4 for less than about £43K now. a few weeks ago it was more like £40K.
Not sure if this is supply or the price rises but hopefully it means when my current trade in valuation expires the new one will not have dropped off.
£3k price delta seems pretty good considering WBAC Is a straight sale. That said, I have no experience of WBAC so don't know if they would chip you down for having a sweet wrapper in the door pocket.

• Funny
Reactions: Magstauk
£3k price delta seems pretty good considering WBAC Is a straight sale. That said, I have no experience of WBAC so don't know if they would chip you down for having a sweet wrapper in the door pocket.
I certainly have got experience as I sold my previous car via WBAC.

They reduced the online price given to my by £600 because they found a stone chip (a minute stone chip at that) and I was in a situation where the car needed to be gone that day.
Road tax ran out that day, needed the funds for a new purchases in a hurry.
Don't ever think they will give you the full online quote they offered because in my case they didn't .

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
I sold my previous M3 to WBAC when I flipped for my current MIC model and I felt the deductions were pretty fair based on 3 stone chips and 4 curbed alloys. They still beat Motorway and Tesla PX offers.

As many will know, WBAC keep pestering to encourage you to get a new quote and I usually do out of interest.

Recent low was £39825 on 17th March and it’s bounced back up to £45230 today with 10.5k miles on mine now. It’s so nice to see such little deprecation on a car. I’ve wasted far too much money on cars over the years 😳.

When I had ordered my M3 I submitted my Leaf to WBAC and they offered £10,600 and 5 days later I got an email saying my offer was about to expire and I should resubmit. I did and the offer went up to 10,900.

I did this several times with the highest being £12,400 at which time Tesla had told me my car was on its way so I asked them for a trade in and their offer was £12,300, so I took this as the figure is almost guaranteed.
It wasn’t worth the hassle for £100 extra with WBAC having read that they always reduce their offer on the day.

With a lot of people originally lined up for May delivery I am thinking there must be a few who have had trade in prices expire or will very soon. Mine expires at the end of the week. That being the case I was wondering what will happen? will Tesla automatically review it or wait for me to do something.
I was also wondering if anyone has had to update their price recently whether the prices are changing much. When I got my estimate at the start of March it seemed quite generous. Since then the new price has gone up 5K used prices on autotrader are noticeably up and WBAC's offer has gone up by over £6K (though is still £1K behind Teslas offer) so now it just seems fair so I can't see a good reason for it to fall but who knows with Tesla?

I noticed last week that Tesla have started advertising used cars on on Autotrader. Not sure if that is an indicator that they are struggling to shift used cars?

I believe you just have to supply an updated mileage and they provide a new 60 day final offer. Mine also expires end of week, but I did another Trade-In valuation a week ago and it came out about 2k less than my previous (albeit excellent) offer and approximately the same as WBAC.

With a lot of people originally lined up for May delivery I am thinking there must be a few who have had trade in prices expire or will very soon. Mine expires at the end of the week. That being the case I was wondering what will happen? will Tesla automatically review it or wait for me to do something.
I was also wondering if anyone has had to update their price recently whether the prices are changing much. When I got my estimate at the start of March it seemed quite generous. Since then the new price has gone up 5K used prices on autotrader are noticeably up and WBAC's offer has gone up by over £6K (though is still £1K behind Teslas offer) so now it just seems fair so I can't see a good reason for it to fall but who knows with Tesla?

I noticed last week that Tesla have started advertising used cars on on Autotrader. Not sure if that is an indicator that they are struggling to shift used cars?
When I reached the end I got an automated email which asked me to update my mileage, since then my order is in the 'Trade In valuation in Progress' stage, and I don't see any EDD, its been like that for weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: Morak
When I reached the end I got an automated email which asked me to update my mileage, since then my order is in the 'Trade In valuation in Progress' stage, and I don't see any EDD, its been like that for weeks.
I am one of the lucky ones who still has an EDD in June ( 18th to 30th) (well I say that its at least 5 minutes since I checked it,)
There seems to be some empirical evidence that Tesla are now holding off confirming quotes until you are within 60 days of your expected delivery date. Which may be why you have not heard. So if they really believe in my EDD then I should get a new price straight away. Could be an interesting indicator......

I got an email asking me to log into my account and provide an updated odometer reading to get a new valuation.

I did that and then waited about a month until they confirmed the new offer - which was the same as the old one. Somewhere on here there's a few posts from people saying they'd been told by Tesla that they weren't providing new valuations until your delivery was likely to take place before it expired.

That certainly tallies with my account, the new offer expires 4th July and my EDD is (still) 21st-30th June; they both turned up in my account around the same time.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel and Jason71
Just had my updated trade in price from Tesla (69 plate m3sr+ red/black,18k miles)

Prior to the Shanghai delays they offered 36,800. Now offering 35,200 but wbac offering £38k and motorway estimating £38,300

Few scuffed alloys might make a small dent in that figure but frustrating that Tesla trade in prices have gone the wrong way! Anyone else experiencing that?

Few scuffed alloys might make a small dent in that figure but frustrating that Tesla trade in prices have gone the wrong way! Anyone else experiencing that?
Out of every good apple in the orchid comes a bad one.:(

Yes I got my VIN yesterday HOORAH😁

Today I got my updated "trade in" price.😱

I have done 10,000 miles in my car since my first Trade in quote yes I know its a lot but this morning they have matched the miles I have done since March by pounds in todays trade in.

Yes £10,000 less than they offered in March. GUTTED.!!

Anyone want an excellent condition 2018 Model S with 88458 miles on the clock.
westfield.jpg

Why on Earth would you do an extra 10,000 miles in a car you've applied for a trade in on? You had to have assumed they'd knock off a fair whack for such a big increase, you could surely have hired a car for a fraction of the price to get you by?

Just had my updated trade in price from Tesla (69 plate m3sr+ red/black,18k miles)

Prior to the Shanghai delays they offered 36,800. Now offering 35,200 but wbac offering £38k and motorway estimating £38,300

My Tesla figure is down about 4 grand, my WBAC figure up 3k in 6 weeks. Both hovering about 47 for a 2 year old P with 15k miles which is what Motorway were and are offering. Sort of confirms the ridiculous Tesla trade in prices were to drive turnover of Ys that they dont now want because of supply delays - and interestingly the US trade in site is refusing to give trade in valuations until you've ordered and are VIN matched because of lead times
Screenshot 2022-06-09 at 14.12.46.png

The Tesla rollercoaster is currently costing me dearly. The original trade-in offer for my Model 3 (17,500 miles) was £43,400. I accepted that. My Model Y EDD was end of June but a couple of weeks ago got pushed out to Sept-Oct. The original trade-in offer expired. I just received the revised offer of £40,500. The Model 3 has only done 18,100 miles so only 600 more than the original submission, but the valuation has declined by £2,900. Oh - and I've had to replace 2 tyres that I'd probably have got away with until the end of June. That was another £220. So Tesla's shifting delivery dates and trade-in offers have cost me over £3k. Not a happy bear here, I am not really sure what to do next other than revisit Motorway, WBAC etc to see if I can close the gap. If not, I may cancel and someone can get bumped up the queue.

One question - if I accept the revised trade-in offer as a contingency, can I withdraw from it if I subsequently sell the Model 3 privately? Although I'm not sure there is any point accepting as the new delivery date is more than 60 days out anyway. Grrrr...