Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in values seem high again ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do WBAC Motorway etc take into account FSD and free Premium connectivity when valuing a car? A quick look at some sites and they only ask for VRN and milage.

I’m assuming Free Premium Connectivity stays with the car?
I told WBAC about my post-delivery EAP and supplied the invoice etc. No difference.

With motorway, you can tell them about any extras when you list the car. Not sure what EAP did to the price but it was over 1.5k better than WBAC.

I don’t think motorway do for the initial valuation, but that’s not that important anyway as it’s just a guide for the next step which is dealers bidding. If they know what they’re looking at they may give more when they see your description and pictures but I think on the used market buyers don’t pay much more so it won’t be a lot higher.

Try both. Neither commit you (even after listing with Motorway you can still cancel). Ppl on here have had lots of joy with WBAC. The only one that commits is carwow if you list and they hit their reserve, or so they told me.
just don't bother with Autotrader instant :)

1655916122971.png

• Funny
Reactions: Morak
Car wow got me the best price...worth a try! She gets picked up on Monday by a ve dealership. Go figure!
When I sold my last car for the Model 3 it was through Carwow. Worked very well. No quibbling, the guy just turned up, checked the car started and I got paid. He then dinged it loading it onto his low loader, but wasn't my problem by then! Unfortunately this time their "reserve" was less than Motorway (a Ford dealership as it happens) and I didn't want to risk it.

Yeah, it's definitely a smaller market. It's something I was a bit concerned about when I bought my M3P outright, i.e. that in terms of selling it on it would pretty much have to be traded in or sold to the likes of Motorway, etc.

My first M3 I sold via Motorway which was seamless. The last M3 I took a punt and tried on Autotrader. I priced it fair in line with other private sales on Autotrader of the same age etc. It had less than 2k miles on it and was 7 months old. I had a couple of dreamers and a few traders phone me up. After a week I found a guy who was looking for just my spec of car and it all went through without a hitch. I left myself plenty of time, so that if it did not sell on Autotrader I could have sold it via Motorway or WBAC. I was lucky as after I took the deposit I got my delivery date. Just luck I suppose.
I just think it all comes down to time and how quickly you need to sell, and if you are prepared to be without a car for a while. I have been in a hire car which I got at a very good price for 2 weeks which goes back this afternoon. The price I got over WBAC more than covered the hire charge and then some.
Collection of the Y tomorrow!

Reactions: Durzel
I think a lot of people buying cars in the 40k+ market use dealers to arrange finance. Buying privately can be harder. Plus they have peace of mind the car comes in a serviceable condition ( in theory at least).
Yes as well as consumer protection purchasing from a trader, selling privately with a car warranty there is some piece of mind outside of the warranty though is likely to be tougher!

Reactions: Lord Farquad