Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in values seem high again ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stand corrected. They told me that after they had given the reserve price, if you listed you were committed to sell if they met or exceeded the reserve. They missed out with their bad info.
Motorway also told me this, but then in the next breath said once the auction was over I had 24 hours to accept...so don't accept and you don't proceed surely?

Motorway also told me this, but then in the next breath said once the auction was over I had 24 hours to accept...so don't accept and you don't proceed surely?
Yeah. And it's not 24 hrs either.

Hi, Your car has sold, we need you to confirm your details and complete the sale. The offer is valid for 48 hours, if we do not hear from you in this time, we will assume that you are no longer selling your car. To review your best offer and to proceed today, please tap this link to confirm your details: https://mway.at/xxxxxx Thanks for using Motorway! STOP: https://mway.at/xxxxxx

Since the high Tesla trade in prices back in March WBAC has trailed the Tesla trade in price on my 2019 M3LR by any thing from 2k to 7k!
Today they offered me £150 more than the March Tesla offer, despite me adding 3-4k miles since then (yes i know they will find reasons to knock it down some). Was not expecting that.
No idea what Tesla are offering now but i bet its not that!
Anyone else seen a spike in prices or is this just one of those random WBAC things.?

Since the high Tesla trade in prices back in March WBAC has trailed the Tesla trade in price on my 2019 M3LR by any thing from 2k to 7k!
Today they offered me £150 more than the March Tesla offer, despite me adding 3-4k miles since then (yes i know they will find reasons to knock it down some). Was not expecting that.
Anyone else seen a spike in prices or is this just one of those random WBAC things.?
Tesla was giving me 63k on my tesla back in April, in June that became £41k, my MY comes in September, hoping they can improve on that and meet me halfway. Unlikely though.

They were 2.5k lower than Tesla’s March offer for my 19 plate M3. I received the usual “valuation has increased “ email yesterday before the valuation offer ended but not acted on it.

If they had offered more than the March offer I would have bitten their hand off.

Edit. Received a text this morning asking if I can collect in September so will wait to see their revised offer.

Last edited:
I was offered £52K in March by Tesla for my car which was way above WBAC at that time, noticed WBAC was up to almost £50K last week. I am awaiting my revised trade value in from Tesla for delivery at the start of September, I'm hoping the WBAC price going up will mean the Tesla offer will still be acceptable and I don't have to cancel my order. There doesn't seem to be so much used Tesla on their site at the moment, but no doubt that will change when the next batch of ships arrive.

Reactions: mick4545
I had a trade in indicative offer on my 2020 M3P of £50700 in late April I recently had a firm offer of £47300 for my collection at the end of August.
I was expecting a bigger drop than that and WBAC are offering about £44k at the moment so I think the Tesla offer is quite good and its the least hassle.

It's cost me about £6k for nearly 3 years ownership so I am not complaining.

WBAC quoted me £58k for an MY I got in March for £56k. The quote dropped to £56k the following week. As I have just got a delivery date on my new MY, I asked Tesla for a quote. Came back as £52250! Motorway and WBAC are both around £56.5k this week. I sold within an hour to a dealer through Carwow for £58k yesterday! Happy days.

• Informative
Reactions: Gatsojon
WBAC quoted me £58k for an MY I got in March for £56k. The quote dropped to £56k the following week. As I have just got a delivery date on my new MY, I asked Tesla for a quote. Came back as £52250! Motorway and WBAC are both around £56.5k this week. I sold within an hour to a dealer through Carwow for £58k yesterday! Happy days.
I saw that £58k figure (I keep checking just out of curiosity). Great if you bought standard or maybe even with white seats/colour change and wheels upgrade you could still break even with a few miles put on it.... By the time you bought acceleration boost and the tow bar on top of all that it feels less appealing. Event still, with prices holding up the way they are, it crazy stuff that makes you do crazy things lol

Apparently the new ones have better suspension? Maybe change in colour choice?
Better suspension would be a matter of personal preference of course. Personally, I prefer the sporty/stiffer feel and less body roll. Horses for courses I suppose 🙂