Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade In

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone. I, along with many others apparently, got the go ahead to enter trade and finance details on my order page last night. I got my trade in offer back and it was lower than I expected. I’ve since gone to Carmax and gotten a better offer. I spoke with Tesla today and they said I could just email the offer letter to my service advisor and they will upload into my account. The new offer should than supersede the old one. I’m anxious to get this done so I can get my vin assigned and get the car! I only ordered on 3/15/2020 so I’m surprised this process is moving so quickly, thus far.

LR AWD, Blue on white, FSD. Coming out of a BMW 7 series (bought certified) so I’ve become slightly spoiled but I love tech and the car looks awesome!

Cheers!

Hi everyone. I, along with many others apparently, got the go ahead to enter trade and finance details on my order page last night. I got my trade in offer back and it was lower than I expected. I’ve since gone to Carmax and gotten a better offer. I spoke with Tesla today and they said I could just email the offer letter to my service advisor and they will upload into my account. The new offer should than supersede the old one. I’m anxious to get this done so I can get my vin assigned and get the car! I only ordered on 3/15/2020 so I’m surprised this process is moving so quickly, thus far.

LR AWD, Blue on white, FSD. Coming out of a BMW 7 series (bought certified) so I’ve become slightly spoiled but I love tech and the car looks awesome!

Cheers!
I’m still waiting on our trade in to come back. We got the offer but it’s not in our account so we can’t move forward. Glad yours is moving along granted you just ordered.

Cheers!
Congrats! It looks like we are about 24 hours behind you... Any things you would do differently if you could do it all again?

Congrats! It looks like we are about 24 hours behind you... Any things you would do differently if you could do it all again?
Not really. I initially ordered red but changed it as soon as I got home, lol. I knew I wanted the white interior as it’s so unique and very Tesla and I figured it goes with the spirit of the car.

The only question is I wish I had used my neighbors name as a referral so he can get the Supercharger miles. But maybe I can do that at time of delivery?

Not really. I initially ordered red but changed it as soon as I got home, lol. I knew I wanted the white interior as it’s so unique and very Tesla and I figured it goes with the spirit of the car.

The only question is I wish I had used my neighbors name as a referral so he can get the Supercharger miles. But maybe I can do that at time of delivery?
Model y is not currently eligible for the referral program

Model y is not currently eligible for the referral program
Thats interesting, so here in Houston, the delivery advisor lead me to believe that the "manager" in the back could apply it. I asked if there would be an email notification, he said there wouldnt be one. I have an email chain for the second part, just not for the first part.

My hunch is the sales guy probably got it wrong and there isnt one. Owell, 1000 miles would have been a nice bonus.:)

Thats interesting, so here in Houston, the delivery advisor lead me to believe that the "manager" in the back could apply it. I asked if there would be an email notification, he said there wouldnt be one. I have an email chain for the second part, just not for the first part.

My hunch is the sales guy probably got it wrong and there isnt one. Owell, 1000 miles would have been a nice bonus.:)
Yeah I know. When we tried it only allows your S/3/X but no Y. I’m assuming they’re doing the same thing like they did with the 3 when it came out.

I was inputting my Trade-in information until I got to the final submit button. Looks like I'm going to have to request a call-back as my current vehicle was involved in a minor low-speed rear end accident that was fixed over a year ago. Not my fault but an accident never the less.

Anyone else have to call Tesla due to an accident involved trade-in?

I was inputting my Trade-in information until I got to the final submit button. Looks like I'm going to have to request a call-back as my current vehicle was involved in a minor low-speed rear end accident that was fixed over a year ago. Not my fault but an accident never the less.

Anyone else have to call Tesla due to an accident involved trade-in?

My car shows some significant rust and has a minor dent. Since the form online doesn't allow posting photos of it, I requested a callback. That was two days ago, but nobody called me back. I may just go to CarMax when I get a chance - before they shut down.

Cheers!
I also received a trade-in offer less than 24 hours after completing the requested info on my account page. I don't know why they bothered because the RWD model I ordered isn't even being produced yet, if ever. Anyway, the offer was $3000 less than I expected. I'll make a trip to Carmax once the RWD status is cleared up.

I keep trying to fill in the form to get a trade in quote (2018 LR RWD Model 3 with 13,166 miles). When I insert the miles into the form it won't register. I tried calling the Tesla 1 -888 # but just get bounced to a non-helpful website. Anyone else having difficulty with the form? Maybe it's a software glitch. Thanks.

I keep trying to fill in the form to get a trade in quote (2018 LR RWD Model 3 with 13,166 miles). When I insert the miles into the form it won't register. I tried calling the Tesla 1 -888 # but just get bounced to a non-helpful website. Anyone else having difficulty with the form? Maybe it's a software glitch. Thanks.
I think so. We have been waiting for our trade in stuff for a week. We got the quote from them and it still not attached to our account and that’s what is holding up our process. So at this point it safe assume, delivery will not happen until this Covid-19 crisis is over. And at this rate it will be summer before people get out of this major state wide closing. Next will be “Earth is close today” however. Stay safe focus. As a healthcare worker (Nurse) please stay safe.