Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade In

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI, original op here, but I ended up using Carmax to get a new quote from them. I scanned the quote and my Tesla rep uploaded into my account which immediately reflected the new numbers. I had originally accepted the overall offer knowing I had the Carmax quote but I had read you could accept then update after...which I did and it DID work. So...just FYI.

Patiently waiting for VIN now. Probably won’t happen until after plant start up but you never know!

It is not looking good for me. Tesla's trade in offer was several thousand short of what I would want and no one in Houston is taking straight used car purchases. They will only take a car as a trade in. So I'm screwed. I'm going to see if Tesla can up their offer but from what I have heard they don't do that. CarMax was a complete wash for me as they offered $3500 below what Tesla was offering. I think the used car market is falling and no one is going to be making reasonable offers for a while. Looking very likely I'll be pulling the plug on my order (placed 3/15/19). I really wished that Tesla would honor the order that an order is placed when delivering their vehicles, as I would have probably had the car and a price I would accept. With things the way they are now, looks like waiting is the best option for me.

I've decided to go through with my order and the trade offer I got from Tesla. There is no hope at this point to get a better offer on my trade as the trade in market has had the bottom drop out and the offer I go from Tesla is probably the best I can hope for as waiting any amount of time will only decrease my trade's value. Since there is a tax benefit with the trade, it is a bit better overall for me. Hoping they can deliver a car before the trade offer expires. Not sure what will happen since production has halted. I've told the delivery person I'm flexible on a few colors if that might help with getting a car. We will have to wait and see.