Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade-in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone here know how long the trade in process online really takes? I had an online trade in offer and then I was asked to upload pictures and I was supposed to hear back in 24 hours. I have yet to hear back yet. I emailed my sales advisor last night to see if he could look into the issue and he has been good about responding to my question. Just wondering if anybody has any experience with this? I will be paying cash for the car

Based on other feedback here (mostly about trade offers from TSLA v Carmax v Carvana) - I went ahead and sold my car to Carvana. My MY is on order, I dont have a delivery date, and initially did offer my DD to TSLA. They also didn’t reply. Of course, given the delivery date is weeks, if not months away, theres no rush to reply. I too am paying for the MY in cash.

I figured no need to hang onto my DD and rack up miles and damage risk until the MY showed up.

Does anyone here know how long the trade in process online really takes? I had an online trade in offer and then I was asked to upload pictures and I was supposed to hear back in 24 hours. I have yet to hear back yet. I emailed my sales advisor last night to see if he could look into the issue and he has been good about responding to my question. Just wondering if anybody has any experience with this? I will be paying cash for the car