Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in

sloth

Mar 22, 2021
Florida
Hello all. I ordered a model y a couple of days ago and I did a trade-in for my BMW. I was wondering how long does it take for the trade-in offer to be on the account?

FSuss

Mar 28, 2021
Westchester
I recently traded in a Volvo towards a Model Y, the whole process took a few business days as Tesla will provide an estimate and then ask you to upload some photos to verify the actual condition, etc.

Adirondack_D

Mar 13, 2021
Upstate NY
I had a pretty good experience with the Tesla trade in. Originally I uploaded my trade info before test driving; they came in lower then KBB. I scheduled another test drive a month later (after a Mach - E test drive) and after the test drive, pulled the trigger and made a deposit. I told the SA that Tesla's offer was way lower than KBB. They said they would try again. 24 hours later Tesla came back above KBB; appx $2500 above the first offer. I wonder if the SA put a note into the system asking for a bit more as we had a deposit in and not just another test drive. Bottom line, both trade estimates took about 24 hours to come back.

TravelFree

Mar 23, 2020
Jacksonville, Florida
I ordered on Saturday 3/27 and was surprised the process was held up at the approval for my trade-in. So this morning I texted my SA and he pit an expedite on it and within two hours I had my estimate. What concerned me is I got 3 emails that I needed to approve the estimate to continue the process.

So the estimate was close enough to the Carmax estimate and actually better when considering the sales tax so I took the Tesla offer. Now I wait for the VIn #. Need that for the Insurance.

olsookie

Mar 27, 2021
Penciltuckey
Wouldn’t budge on trade in value on my vehicle. Carmax came in 2500 more....

Ordered was enter 3/26, no VIN assigned. Looking through all areas. Looks like It’s going to be a while unfortunately for me.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC