Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade Model S HPWC for Roadster HPC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla doesn't offer an adapter to charge the Roadster with the Model S HPWC. Tesla does have an adapter to charge a Roadster with a Model S HPWC.
The HPWC I have to trade has been installed for 3 months and used a half dozen times. I tried it at 80 amps only once with no problem.

I have an adapter that will charge a Roadster from a Model S HPWC even if it's set for 80A. It overcomes the bug in the roadster charging system and the roadster will charge at 70A. I'm hoping to bring some to TESLIVE. The first two sentences in your post seem to contradict each other... or did i read it wrong?

@hcsharp
The way I originally read that second sentence is "I've tested the HPWC with a Model S" and then coupled that with a first sentence interpretation of "I bought the S HPWC hoping to use it for both vehicles".

As such, he's probably very interested in your solution for S-HPWC -> Roadster vehicle.

@hcsharp
The way I originally read that second sentence is "I've tested the HPWC with a Model S" and then coupled that with a first sentence interpretation of "I bought the S HPWC hoping to use it for both vehicles".

As such, he's probably very interested in your solution for S-HPWC -> Roadster vehicle.

You are correct Brianman my original post was a bit misleading, thanks for clarifying. I have a Roadster and a Model S. The HPWC works fine with the Model S, But I would like to use this for the Roadster also.
@hcsharp I will be at Teslive, I would be very interested in seeing/purchasing your adapter. I will PM you with my contact info.