Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade model X FSD HW3 + Free supercharging and premium connectivity for Performance Y?

Byegas

Dec 29, 2017
Chicago
Looking for feedback, Tesla offering $62100 for my Model X which would cost me ~$3600 to trade for a Performance Y no FSD. I’m seriously considering it, but wondering how much I would miss FSD especially since beta is almost out to the masses. I purchased FSD for my X for $2000, so I refuse to pay $10k for the Y. What would you do? Thanks for the feedback!

Bigriver

Mar 2, 2018
Pittsburgh, PA
Looking for feedback, Tesla offering $62100 for my Model X which would cost me ~$3600 to trade for a Performance Y no FSD. I’m seriously considering it, but wondering how much I would miss FSD especially since beta is almost out to the masses. I purchased FSD for my X for $2000, so I refuse to pay $10k for the Y. What would you do? Thanks for the feedback!
I spent several days mulling over a new Tesla purchase due to the high trade-in value being quoted. But due to the long delay for new inventory and Tesla not honoring the quote beyond 30 days, I see no way to make it happen, as I fully expect trade-in values to fall back to earth soon. I even contacted Tesla asking if I could go ahead and give them the car now, and just carry a credit on my account until inventory is available at the end of the year. I was told no. One possibility is to place an order anyway and wait and see what the trade-in value near delivery time. I believe you can walk away from the deal and only be out the $100 order fee.

The question of free supercharging, premium connectivity and FSD is a personal one. The first two are no longer available and is part of what will probably keep me holding onto my model X for a long time. With subscription now an option on FSD, that is an interesting choice if those features are only wanted occasionally. I was toying that I really don’t NEED it on my model 3, but ultimately I think I would miss it a lot.

I say forget FSD and just get Enhanced Autopilot if you want.
EAP isn’t a current option. But you never know when it will be again. I agree it is the sweet spot as it is really only auto lane change that I would miss if I didn’t have FSD.

Byegas

Dec 29, 2017
Chicago
Thanks for the reply Bigriver! I agree on all points. Even if my trade quote held, I didn’t think it would be this hard of a decision. I might just throw a order in and watch things unfold for $100.

I spent several days mulling over a new Tesla purchase due to the high trade-in value being quoted. But due to the long delay for new inventory and Tesla not honoring the quote beyond 30 days, I see no way to make it happen, as I fully expect trade-in values to fall back to earth soon. I even contacted Tesla asking if I could go ahead and give them the car now, and just carry a credit on my account until inventory is available at the end of the year. I was told no. One possibility is to place an order anyway and wait and see what the trade-in value near delivery time. I believe you can walk away from the deal and only be out the $100 order fee.

The question of free supercharging, premium connectivity and FSD is a personal one. The first two are no longer available and is part of what will probably keep me holding onto my model X for a long time. With subscription now an option on FSD, that is an interesting choice if those features are only wanted occasionally. I was toying that I really don’t NEED it on my model 3, but ultimately I think I would miss it a lot.

EAP isn’t a current option. But you never know when it will be again. I agree it is the sweet spot as it is really only auto lane change that I would miss if I didn’t have FSD.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC