Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade model X FSD HW3 + Free supercharging and premium connectivity for Performance Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for feedback, Tesla offering $62100 for my Model X which would cost me ~$3600 to trade for a Performance Y no FSD. I’m seriously considering it, but wondering how much I would miss FSD especially since beta is almost out to the masses. I purchased FSD for my X for $2000, so I refuse to pay $10k for the Y. What would you do? Thanks for the feedback!

Looking for feedback, Tesla offering $62100 for my Model X which would cost me ~$3600 to trade for a Performance Y no FSD. I’m seriously considering it, but wondering how much I would miss FSD especially since beta is almost out to the masses. I purchased FSD for my X for $2000, so I refuse to pay $10k for the Y. What would you do? Thanks for the feedback!
I spent several days mulling over a new Tesla purchase due to the high trade-in value being quoted. But due to the long delay for new inventory and Tesla not honoring the quote beyond 30 days, I see no way to make it happen, as I fully expect trade-in values to fall back to earth soon. I even contacted Tesla asking if I could go ahead and give them the car now, and just carry a credit on my account until inventory is available at the end of the year. I was told no. One possibility is to place an order anyway and wait and see what the trade-in value near delivery time. I believe you can walk away from the deal and only be out the $100 order fee.

The question of free supercharging, premium connectivity and FSD is a personal one. The first two are no longer available and is part of what will probably keep me holding onto my model X for a long time. With subscription now an option on FSD, that is an interesting choice if those features are only wanted occasionally. I was toying that I really don’t NEED it on my model 3, but ultimately I think I would miss it a lot.

I say forget FSD and just get Enhanced Autopilot if you want.
EAP isn’t a current option. But you never know when it will be again. I agree it is the sweet spot as it is really only auto lane change that I would miss if I didn’t have FSD.

Thanks for the reply Bigriver! I agree on all points. Even if my trade quote held, I didn’t think it would be this hard of a decision. I might just throw a order in and watch things unfold for $100.

I spent several days mulling over a new Tesla purchase due to the high trade-in value being quoted. But due to the long delay for new inventory and Tesla not honoring the quote beyond 30 days, I see no way to make it happen, as I fully expect trade-in values to fall back to earth soon. I even contacted Tesla asking if I could go ahead and give them the car now, and just carry a credit on my account until inventory is available at the end of the year. I was told no. One possibility is to place an order anyway and wait and see what the trade-in value near delivery time. I believe you can walk away from the deal and only be out the $100 order fee.

The question of free supercharging, premium connectivity and FSD is a personal one. The first two are no longer available and is part of what will probably keep me holding onto my model X for a long time. With subscription now an option on FSD, that is an interesting choice if those features are only wanted occasionally. I was toying that I really don’t NEED it on my model 3, but ultimately I think I would miss it a lot.

EAP isn’t a current option. But you never know when it will be again. I agree it is the sweet spot as it is really only auto lane change that I would miss if I didn’t have FSD.

You’ll be sorry if you let that X go!