Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade Plus suspension for regular suspension on D car...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sorka

Feb 28, 2015
Merced, CA
I have a P85D March build with the Plus suspension. The plus suspension was dropped in April. If you want the plus suspension, I'll do a straight swap for a post April car's suspension.

The catch is the taker has to pay labor. I don't require that this be done at Tesla as any decent suspension shop should be able to perform this job. I also have life time alignment at another shop so the labor doesn't need to include re-alignment on my side.

I have a P85D March build with the Plus suspension. The plus suspension was dropped in April. If you want the plus suspension, I'll do a straight swap for a post April car's suspension.

The catch is the taker has to pay labor. I don't require that this be done at Tesla as any decent suspension shop should be able to perform this job. I also have life time alignment at another shop so the labor doesn't need to include re-alignment on my side.

I have a P90D with the non + suspension. I wouldnt mind a trade depending on how much a swap would cost.

I have a P90D with the non + suspension. I wouldnt mind a trade depending on how much a swap would cost.

I haven't done the research to figure out what it would cost labor wise. I asked the Fremont service center and they said they simply wouldn't do the swap, so I think the next option is a certified Tesla body shop which will probably have a lot more experience anyways in replacing Tesla suspension components.

I haven't done the research to figure out what it would cost labor wise. I asked the Fremont service center and they said they simply wouldn't do the swap, so I think the next option is a certified Tesla body shop which will probably have a lot more experience anyways in replacing Tesla suspension components.

I would assume this would require refilling the air suspension tank. Let me talk to some guys at work (Fremont facility) and see if they can do the swap as a side job.

From one SAS to the other, might this just be a change out of the four air-spring struts, and front & rear way? Sorka, I wonder if you wouldn't be happy keeping the 26mm / 21mm sways (rather than the newer 24/20, I think) and maybe just changing out the air springs? Lola used to bring up "head snatch", which would be reason to give those up, too, if that bothers you. Too bad Tesla doesn't indulge people who want a different suspension.

RE: coil to air
Tonzo parts in SAS, away from just the air struts. This would be more than a suspension shop could pull off, as MCU changes would be required to recognize the air suspension (unless they have the software, which most wouldn't).

Last edited:
Hi. Does anyone know the exact part numbers to confirm plus suspension on P85D.

On the front pass air shock the white label read this...

[15.5400-0058.4][00][001]

Hi. Does anyone know the exact part numbers to confirm plus suspension on P85D.

On the front pass air shock the white label read this...

[15.5400-0058.4][00][001]

What is the (P) number that's located just to the left of FDSS on the same label on your air shock? It's 1030608-01-A on all P85D+ (Plus Suspension) cars like ours.

Hi did you ever go through with a modification or swap to make your car less stiff? I just picked up my p85d and I feel like it’s way to hard a ride for San Francisco roads and Bay Area commute. Thanks