Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade Rivian R1T for Plaid Model X/S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just like the title says looking to trade my launch Rivian R1T for a 2022 Model X with less than 5k miles.

Rivian won't fit in my garage so now I'm
looking to get a model X but don't want to wait another year.

Maybe you're looking for a trade for your own reason. Feel free to send question.

I have title in hand, no loan on the Rivian

Attachments

• 1CA46F34-A6D9-4B03-91A8-B6A2073464BB.jpeg
    1CA46F34-A6D9-4B03-91A8-B6A2073464BB.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 402
(moderator note - this snippet of a previously discussion is left for context)
Which version of the Rivian R1T Matches or comes close to the 129K MSRP of a Model X Plaid?
I agree with where you're headed with your question. But the open market has priced these cars similarly as it happens. I suppose I could flip it and use the cash to buy one but I would prefer not to wait several months.

And who knows, maybe someone is interested? Can't know unless you ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lmao these people who got their rivian early and are trying to make a quick buck on them (moderator edit). there’s people who reserved rivians because they actually needed an electric truck… (moderator edit)

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Lmao these people who got their rivian early and are trying to make a quick buck on them disgust me. there’s people who reserved rivians because they actually needed an electric truck… these flippers are pathetic and exactly what is wrong with this world
If you actually could read, you'd see the post said that I bought it with the intentions of keeping which is true, but it didn’t fit in my garage. So what am I supposed to do with it? Sell it below market so clowns on forums don't sound off?

The market right now for these and the market for a model X are selling for roughly the same price. Just like Tesla continues to raise it's prices I’m sure Rivian will as well. So who knows what the price will be down the road?

If you were as right as you think you are then I would not have received as many offers I have. This post has been up for a day and I’ve seen quite a few already.

I agree with you that the MSRP doesn’t reflect a match, but the secondary market does and people wanna switch for whatever personal reason. Some people just like to be early adopters, many Tesla fans,nearly included, fall into that category.

If you actually could read, you'd see the post said that I bought it with the intentions of keeping which is true, but it didn’t fit in my garage. So what am I supposed to do with it? Sell it below market so clowns on forums don't sound off?

The market right now for these and the market for a model X are selling for roughly the same price. Just like Tesla continues to raise it's prices I’m sure Rivian will as well. So who knows what the price will be down the road?

If you were as right as you think you are then I would not have received as many offers I have. This post has been up for a day and I’ve seen quite a few already.

I agree with you that the MSRP doesn’t reflect a match, but the secondary market does and people wanna switch for whatever personal reason. Some people just like to be early adopters, many Tesla fans,nearly included, fall into that category

Sure you did.. park it outside your garage?

Just like the title says looking to trade my launch Rivian R1T for a 2022 Model X with less than 5k miles.

Rivian won't fit in my garage so now I'm
looking to get a model X but don't want to wait another year.

Maybe you're looking for a trade for your own reason. Feel free to send question.

I have title in hand, no loan on the Rivian
I’ll trade you my 2016 90D model X and 30k cash

This thread is entertaining if anything. I buy a lot of watches and see similar phenomena. Watches rarely reflect msrp particularly certain brands. People get angry when someone tries to sell a rolex over msrp when the market clearly reflects a different price. It’s absurd to bash anyone for expecting market price for something they own. If the market dictates the car/truck is worth 130k all the power to OP. Why would he leave money on the table so the next guy can capture it? Good luck OP.

This thread is entertaining if anything. I buy a lot of watches and see similar phenomena. Watches rarely reflect msrp particularly certain brands. People get angry when someone tries to sell a rolex over msrp when the market clearly reflects a different price. It’s absurd to bash anyone for expecting market price for something they own. If the market dictates the car/truck is worth 130k all the power to OP. Why would he leave money on the table so the next guy can capture it? Good luck OP.
The problem is these people are buying vehicles or in your argument products they had no intention to keep just to steal money off people who actually wanted the product.. they are crooks

The problem is these people are buying vehicles or in your argument products they had no intention to keep just to steal money off people who actually wanted the product.. they are crooks
What does intent have to do with it? It’s worth what it’s worth. How is this any different than buying stock and selling at a higher price? It’s not. I wouldn’t be so offended by this. Value has nothing to do with msrp whether value is lower or higher. Value is what someone will pay. End of story.

Someone just wants to trade into a Tesla, and someone starts with a snide comment. That's how it went so called entertaining.

Let the OP sell the truck.

What does intent have to do with it? It’s worth what it’s worth. How is this any different than buying stock and selling at a higher price? It’s not. I wouldn’t be so offended by this. Value has nothing to do with msrp whether value is lower or higher. Value is what someone will pay. End of story.
Thank you. Value is value.

To everyone else who is offended I bought the truck, and you can think whatever you want about my intent. But now that I have it, am I meant to sell it at loss for the morality of it? Would you take what the market is offering? I think I'm actually one of the more reasonable ones, if you take a look at other resellers.