Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade two 21 uberturbines for two of yours for square setup?

WG21

Aug 21, 2021
Sacramento
Lot's of talk about square setups lately... personally I don't have any issue with ride quality of 21s, but would love to rotate tires. I know others have put rear wheels up front to be able to put 265/35/21s or 275/35/21s all the way around.

I'm now considering this. I would even use the slightly smaller front wheels all the way around if someone wanted the rears. I've turned down trading for inductions cause I think the bigger wheel looks better on the MYP.

Anyone else in the same boat?

WG21

Aug 21, 2021
Sacramento
Anyone else interested in this matchmaker thread? XrayDU and I may both be after front wheels -- but not 100% on that as there are pros and cons - especially with taller tire. Please post if anyone else is interested in a square 21 setup. Keep the beautiful ubers and 21s but square to rotate.

digitaldad

Aug 21, 2021
ABQ
There ya go, I was wondering who was going to attempt the rear 10.5s on a square setup (I would want the fronts too).

I've seen success with 20 x 10.5s in other threads but this may be a first (has anyone just mounted a 21 10.5 up front for turning verification)?

RGE Kevin

Jun 15, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
I'm 100% up for this. I actually just had an accident (hit in the side, not my fault, sucks but it will get repaired) so I'm going to have at least one brand new rear soon.

If there was a thread of people who were up for this it would be great. I'm actually good with the rears on a square setup tbh.

WG21

Aug 21, 2021
Sacramento
There ya go, I was wondering who was going to attempt the rear 10.5s on a square setup (I would want the fronts too).

I've seen success with 20 x 10.5s in other threads but this may be a first (has anyone just mounted a 21 10.5 up front for turning verification)?
Yes I believe it's been done... rears up front / 275/35/21. I don't have a thread link though

WG21

Aug 21, 2021
Sacramento
I'm 100% up for this. I actually just had an accident (hit in the side, not my fault, sucks but it will get repaired) so I'm going to have at least one brand new rear soon.

If there was a thread of people who were up for this it would be great. I'm actually good with the rears on a square setup tbh.
Wish you were up closer to northern california. Mine only has 2500 miles... would trade someone the 10.5" rear 21s for their fronts (9.5") 21s. Heading up closer this way?

WG21

Aug 21, 2021
Sacramento
Anyone else looking to swap to square up the 21 uberturbines? I'm looking to swap my rears for fronts. I know some like the wide stance all the way around.

I.lift.2.eat

Jan 5, 2020
Sacramento
Anyone else looking to swap to square up the 21 uberturbines? I'm looking to swap my rears for fronts. I know some like the wide stance all the way around.
I didn't know you could put the rears up to the front... no issues? I have been wanting a square setup too just because I commute and so rotating tires would be a huge benefit given how fast I put on miles. I also prefer the look of the 21 ubers more that the 20 inductions. just need a square setup that won't cause issues.

Assquatch

Sep 30, 2021
NYC
I'm in Northern NJ/NYC area, considering swapping Ubers. Still new condition with < 500 miles on the stock tires. LMK if you're similar and interested.

WG21

Aug 21, 2021
Sacramento
Here's what rears look like up front.

Apathy

Oct 15, 2021
New York
New York in lower Hudson Valley (Westchester) area here looking to swap my rear 21s off my MYP (supposedly getting delivered in the next one to two months) for your front OEM 21" MYP set.

FrostY

Jul 22, 2020
San Diego

I could you a swap I'm in SoCal I would prefer to get the front square setup. Let me know if you are up for it.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC