Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traded in my Model 3 Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love the charger but man I wouldn't have traded in a car with the best residual value and lowest operating costs long term for a hotrod that will depreciate like crazy and not get software updates.
Don’t get me wrong, there are some things I’ll definitely miss about the Tesla. We started off on the wrong foot though. The paint on mine was pretty bad. I’m sure going with a black one contributed to that.

I’ve been lurking here for a while and appreciate all the guidance I received. I recently traded in my Model 3 Performance for a Charger Hellcat Widebody. I posted a video with some of the reasons why I made the trade. I know not many are cross shopping between the two, but hopefully this will help some future prospective owners with their purchase. Now I just need to convince my wife she needs a Model Y Performance for the best of both worlds!

Why I TRADED My TESLA MODEL 3 PERFORMANCE for a HELLCAT CHARGER WIDEBODY!
Your going to feel bad when you lose them Drags to Teslas. :(

I honestly don’t understand this. It’s like saying you miss doing taxes freehand instead of using software, or I really miss my push reel lawnmower, or I don’t want a dishwasher, let me just wash the dishes by hand. Just seems so...antiquated.
Sticks are fun, because you feel the car allot more. They are absolutly more fun to drive, and usually more reliable and cheaper to fix than an auto; except in heavy traffic, or regular traffic, or when you wish you had autopilot, or even a decent adaptive cruite controll, or trying to do some kinda turning manuver on a steep hill. Other than that they are great though.

The hellcat can be faster than a 3, and has nicer seats, just needs engine mods, and wouldn't pass smog here. But if racing at the drag is your thing and you don't want a street legal car, it could beat a 3 since you can get 1000 HP our of them pretty easy, but it won't put down the power well with street tires since it is RWD, so anytime in public you would very likely lose to a 3. Plus you gotta pay a gas guzzler tax, no carpool lane, and a *sugar* ton more on maintenance.

I think I would have rather gone with a C8

haha 60 roll or nothing, I'm not losing my license.

I honestly don’t understand this. It’s like saying you miss doing taxes freehand instead of using software, or I really miss my push reel lawnmower, or I don’t want a dishwasher, let me just wash the dishes by hand. Just seems so...antiquated.

Would you miss your Tesla if you took the bus everywhere? I mean it's a lot easier than driving yourself....

Valid reasons, especially for a muscle head. The Performance is just missing a slightly better stance. With a suspension upgrade, it looks 10x better. In the end, you made the switch to something you truly wanted and that’s what matters. Enjoy!
Right? ICE's still have their place, while I don't care for an exhaust note in a daily driver a V8 can sound amazing. I love driving my Ploaris RzR in the desert. It's by far the most fun vehicle I own, although allot more maintenance than any street car. And it's only caught on fire once.

Reactions: BlindPass
My wife said no to the Hellcat, and it just too big for EU driving.
Get to know the parts manager and see if you can get a club card for
tires. There are all kind of stuff to do to the engine and rims and so on $$.
My friend got a ticket one night for not speeding, the cop said well
the car looks way too fast.