Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traded my 2019 M3 for a Mustang!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, it's only temporary as the M3 is in the shop getting the bumper painted because a lady rolled into me at a stoplight. Enterprise gave me a 2017 Mustang 5.0 convertible and after driving the Tesla, I have to report that that Mustang feels like a bucket of bolts!

The car has 46K miles on it and is beat to hell. It's burning oil, everything feels loose and it appears the transmission is slipping a little. What a junk!

The good news is that I get my M3 back tomorrow and can unload this Ice-turd.

I was rear-ended, had to drive an ICE car, really missed my Model 3 but now got it back, of course the body shop doesn't have Teslas to loan. I've always gotten an older Model S loaner when in the Tesla Service Center. I thought I heard they were getting rid of Tesla loaners as a cost saving measure, or was that all just rumor?

I traded my Model S 100D for a Mercedes until the bumper and quarter panel damage is done being repaired.

I drove the car home and it's been parked for 2 weeks because I don't want to pay for gas. I'm driving our X instead. :D

How many vehicle owners would get a Mercedes rental and then not drive it because they like their own car better? LOL!

Loving Tesla Life.

Mercedes.jpg

Last edited:
I traded my Model S 100D for a Mercedes until the bumper and quarter panel damage is being repaired.

I drove the car home and it's been parked for 2 weeks because I don't want to pay for gas. I'm driving our X instead. :D

How many vehicle owners would get a Mercedes rental and then not drive it because they like their own car better? LOL!

Loving Tesla Life.

View attachment 433720
So I'm driving the ICE mobile but here's my plan. I'm not going to put gas in the car since it's not my fault that A) the lady rolled into me B) The rental agency didn't have an electric car for me. Why should I be out ANY money when I was not at fault?

I'm interested to see how Enterprise and Farmers react to this but I'm going to the mattresses if needed. :)

• Love
Reactions: Pkmmte
I was rear-ended, had to drive an ICE car, really missed my Model 3 but now got it back, of course the body shop doesn't have Teslas to loan. I've always gotten an older Model S loaner when in the Tesla Service Center. I thought I heard they were getting rid of Tesla loaners as a cost saving measure, or was that all just rumor?

It’s hard to believe it costs them less to rent from Enterprise and reimburse gas costs than not selling a bunch of 3s, but that’s probably how the math works out at the moment.

So I'm driving the ICE mobile but here's my plan. I'm not going to put gas in the car since it's not my fault that A) the lady rolled into me B) The rental agency didn't have an electric car for me. Why should I be out ANY money when I was not at fault?

I'm interested to see how Enterprise and Farmers react to this but I'm going to the mattresses if needed. :)

Yep, same situation here. I'm turning in my gas receipts to Progressive. I'll have to drive the Mercedes next week as my wife will need her X for a few days. So I'll be putting about 500 miles on the rental. :(

• Love
Reactions: Pkmmte
Yep, same situation here. I'm turning in my gas receipts to Progressive. I'll have to drive the Mercedes next week as my wife will need her X for a few days. So I'll be putting about 500 miles on the rental. :(
So you're going to get the gas? I was just going to return empty and let them fill it up. Again, if they're making me whole part of that means me not having to get gas let alone pay for it. :) I may be pushing things here a little bit but it will be worth it just to see what happens. :)

So you're going to get the gas? I was just going to return empty and let them fill it up. Again, if they're making me whole part of that means me not having to get gas let alone pay for it. :) I may be pushing things here a little bit but it will be worth it just to see what happens. :)

Yeah, I'll be driving farther than the car's gas tank allows next week, so I'll have to fill'er up at some point.

Well, I returned the Mustang yesterday. (Pretty thrilled to have my Tesla back.)

Anyways, upon check-in of the rental, I started my rant about how I'm not going to pay for gas because I own an electric car etc and the guy just looks at me goes, 'Don't sweat it. We'll take care of it.' And that was it. I was expecting to have to mount a social media campaign and emailing the corporate offices of both Farmers and Enterprise, but no.

There you have it!