Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traded test drives with my brother-in-law's Porsche Boxster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plus the q4 etron is a dolled up id4... some thing I have no interest in whatsoever. I’d rather have a Y in a second. But again, my priorities are clearly different from yours

if the Y had better seats (adjustable thigh support, ventilation), better sound insulation, more overall amenities and carplay I'd consider overlooking the fact that tesla is screwing over early FSD buyers, but for a daily driver my priorities have changed ;)

I love the seats. But yes, ventilated would be nice. Although if u cool the car from the app sorta unnecessary.

And you got scammed by FSD? Sorry to hear. Was a hard pass for me. I like driving and knew it’s a 5y pipe dream, why get it I figured.

What I don't get about FSD is that we all knew it wasn't quite ready, people bought it anyway, and Tesla had the audacity to raise the price on something they had yet to fully deliver. I never wanted it because on my very first test drive the sales guy told me it couldn't recognize bicycles on city streets. As a cyclist that just scared the hell out of me. Besides, living in Brooklyn is not conducive to ever using it.

Before I bought my M3 I looked at the 430i and the A5. Both were very nice cars but I never did get to test drive them. By the time I got serious both my wife and I were convinced electric was the way to go. But I'll say it again, that Boxster was a lot of fun to drive. Consider though that I came from a minivan and we've already had a number of times we realized what we were looking at in the Home Depot was NOT going to fit in the M3, never mind a Porsche :). Everybody borrowed our minivan. Nobody is borrowing our M3, not as long as I have anything to say about it!

For me it’s the possibility of a subscription coming and the fact it may not be transferable on resale.

If it’s month by month, I can get it when I need it and d/c it when I don’t. Even at 200 bucks a month it would be 4 and 1/4 years before you break even on the 10k investment. I mean really. And I doubt it will be 200 bucks a month.

For me it’s the possibility of a subscription coming and the fact it may not be transferable on resale.

If it’s month by month, I can get it when I need it and d/c it when I don’t. Even at 200 bucks a month it would be 4 and 1/4 years before you break even on the 10k investment. I mean really. And I doubt it will be 200 bucks a month.
Funny, I didn't see you were also in NYC, so you understand about FSD on the streets here. If the FSD is as cautious as it should be, you'll never get anywhere using it with everybody pulling u-turns, pedestrians crossing everywhere, bikes, taxis, ubers, etc... Never mind the non-stop traffic jam that is Brooklyn now.

Autopilot on highway is all I need. Or want right now. This this is fun to drive and FSD isn’t full or self-driving yet. I took the 10k and bought Tesla stock instead. A little ROI in the red at present, but I think it will turn around long before FSD is ready

I love the seats. But yes, ventilated would be nice. Although if u cool the car from the app sorta unnecessary.

And you got scammed by FSD? Sorry to hear. Was a hard pass for me. I like driving and knew it’s a 5y pipe dream, why get it I figured.
I'm glad the seats are a good fit for you, truly. They feel almost like a bar stool for me, in terms of how much of my legs are supported. Precooling is in no way a substitute for ventilated seats though. That's for not sitting down on a hot seat, it doesn't help with not getting a warm back and ass whilst driving.

as for FSD, I despise driving and that's why I got this car (autopilot). I figured real FSD would be a few years off but I, like an idiot, believed Elon and fell for that staged video from 2016, and believed we'd see real progresss towards hands-off eyes-off commuting pretty quickly. I was so, so wrong.

I'm glad the seats are a good fit for you, truly. They feel almost like a bar stool for me, in terms of how much of my legs are supported. Precooling is in no way a substitute for ventilated seats though. That's for not sitting down on a hot seat, it doesn't help with not getting a warm back and ass whilst driving.

as for FSD, I despise driving and that's why I got this car (autopilot). I figured real FSD would be a few years off but I, like an idiot, believed Elon and fell for that staged video from 2016, and believed we'd see real progresss towards hands-off eyes-off commuting pretty quickly. I was so, so wrong.
Different strokes for different folks. We are for sure in similar cars for different reasons

Reactions: run-the-joules