Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trading in 2018 X75D for Raven Perf X - Compare/Contrast

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're not listening - that's exactly what half this thread has been about.

My 2016 X75D used 308 Wh per mile internally. My Ludicrous Raven uses 320.

But my Raven runs about ten percent lower than my 75D did in similar conditions - it is way, way easier to match rated range on the Raven.

My lifetime average for the moment is 307 Wh per mile, including a lot of higher speeds out west (but no winter driving yet, of course.) My three year average on the 75D was 330...

Saghost - thanks again for always being the adult in the room...

I have not had the opportunity to do a "70mph run" unfortunately as some folks have requested. However, after doing mostly errands around town including some highway and city driving, see the delightful efficiency I found below. This is in Chicago, A/C on at a reasonable level, in Luda mode, and not trying to baby it. For those of you who are saying it's not a good comparison between a 75d w/ 22's and a Raven Perf with 20s, I agree. However, it's the best I can offer and based upon my empirical evidence, there is more going on here than just tires and rims.

Attachments

• IMG_0444.jpg
    IMG_0444.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0444.jpg
    IMG_0444.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: VikH
I am in a similar situation/predicament and I having trouble deciding between the choices.
This is the price in USD in Taiwan

1) 2018 Model X P100D (MCU1) = $90k this is Tesla press car with less than 5000 miles, relatively new, tesla will treat it as a new car
2) 2019 Model X Long Rang = $120k
3) 2019 Model X Performance = $140k

To OP and everyone: is it worth the above mentioned price difference for the air suspension, MCU2, motor upgrade for Raven? Or should I just keep driving ICE and wait for plaid?

get #2 if you can afford, or even #3 if you can afford it. Do not get #1, it is far too old and $90k is a lot for such outdated technology! The new MCU, AP, FSD, aur suspension, and quality is worth it!

Reactions: KyleDay
The new MCU, AP, FSD, aur suspension, and quality is worth it!

I know some of you guys are swimming in money, but the $140k is over 1.5 times more than $90k.

Everyone wants better stuff but paying 1.5 times more essentially a MCU and slightly better air suspension seems a bit nuts.

Its like you sticking your head into economy class from business class and telling people they are been dumb by not flying bussiness as its so much mote comfy.

I love the fact people can afford brand new Teslas very few years, its what keeps the used market going. But to dismiss a $50k+ saving as trivial is pretty nuts! Again been able to play games on the MCU and have slightly better ride is what your extra $50k+ buys you.....

To call a 1 year car 'too old', Elon Musk said the aim for Tesla was sustainable transport, if we are getting to a stage where a 1 year old car is now seen as a disposable product surely that goes against everything Tesla is suppose to be working towards, a sustainable future for our kids?? Am not sure how seeing a 1 year old car as 'too old' gets us to that sustainable future?

Saghost - thanks again for always being the adult in the room...

I have not had the opportunity to do a "70mph run" unfortunately as some folks have requested. However, after doing mostly errands around town including some highway and city driving, see the delightful efficiency I found below. This is in Chicago, A/C on at a reasonable level, in Luda mode, and not trying to baby it. For those of you who are saying it's not a good comparison between a 75d w/ 22's and a Raven Perf with 20s, I agree. However, it's the best I can offer and based upon my empirical evidence, there is more going on here than just tires and rims.

Wow. I have never been able to get below 300 wh/mi, even with 20" wheels and driving conservatively. Were you driving a consistent slow speed or is that stop and go?

Wow. I have never been able to get below 300 wh/mi, even with 20" wheels and driving conservatively. Were you driving a consistent slow speed or is that stop and go?

What do you consider slow? With the Raven, it's easy to get under 300 Wh per mile even up to 65 or so. This is mostly 65 mph with some mountains and some slower construction zones:

FB583A74-74BC-458D-8769-B39AAEC9303D.jpeg

I know some of you guys are swimming in money, but the $140k is over 1.5 times more than $90k.

Everyone wants better stuff but paying 1.5 times more essentially a MCU and slightly better air suspension seems a bit nuts.

Its like you sticking your head into economy class from business class and telling people they are been dumb by not flying bussiness as its so much mote comfy.

I love the fact people can afford brand new Teslas very few years, its what keeps the used market going. But to dismiss a $50k+ saving as trivial is pretty nuts! Again been able to play games on the MCU and have slightly better ride is what your extra $50k+ buys you.....

To call a 1 year car 'too old', Elon Musk said the aim for Tesla was sustainable transport, if we are getting to a stage where a 1 year old car is now seen as a disposable product surely that goes against everything Tesla is suppose to be working towards, a sustainable future for our kids?? Am not sure how seeing a 1 year old car as 'too old' gets us to that sustainable future?

Interesting how you left out the rest of my post in your quote. I said get #2 and #3 “if you can afford it”.

and just so you know, brand new Model X Performance starts at $104,990, and with app options including 6-seat, 22” wheels, and FSD, is about $125K. I know OP was asking about Taiwanese prices but please do not misquote people’s comments just to further your own statements.

Hello All - I promised to update my original post once I took delivery of my Raven Perf X, so here goes (updates in Italics)

One interesting item I haven't seen anyone comment on is that my Raven has the second regen brake on the rear calipers (picture below). My 2018 X75D did not have this. In terms of feeling, there is no noticeable difference. I am not sure why Tesla brought this back, but would appreciate insights from someone smarter than me.

That's not a regen brake. Teslas do not have regen brakes. All regen occurs in the motors. What you see is the parking brake (black caliper) and the standard friction brake (red caliper)