Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trading in higher value vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had delivery of a MYLR last month but have decided to upgrade to the MYP. I took my car to CarMax and had Tesla give me an offer through the app. Tesla was 9k lower than CarMax. I was hoping they might be the same for the tax savings. I still have a few months before delivery so who knows.. Do I just let the trade expire in the app or do I reject it?

I had delivery of a MYLR last month but have decided to upgrade to the MYP. I took my car to CarMax and had Tesla give me an offer through the app. Tesla was 9k lower than CarMax. I was hoping they might be the same for the tax savings. I still have a few months before delivery so who knows.. Do I just let the trade expire in the app or do I reject it?
It does not matter. You could either let it expire or reject it. Care to share the numbers from Tesla vs CarMax and how many miles?

I know this is off thread a little (I generated a thread a few weeks ago and didn’t get a reply). I refused Teslas trade in offer on a 22 Telluride SX nightfall, tow etc and was prompted by choices as to why I refused, I entered “offer too low”. My question is will Tesla offer again or just Proceed as if I don’t have a trade?

I never received another offer. I'd proceed as if you don't have a trade and call the usual places to get a quote. Don't forget to check with our local Kia dealers as well. On one car I looked at trading on a Tesla, the local Acura dealer gave me the best offer.

It was a 2 year old Acura and they offered me 2k less than I paid for it new. I sold it in an instant.

I know this is off thread a little (I generated a thread a few weeks ago and didn’t get a reply). I refused Teslas trade in offer on a 22 Telluride SX nightfall, tow etc and was prompted by choices as to why I refused, I entered “offer too low”. My question is will Tesla offer again or just Proceed as if I don’t have a trade?
No. The only way is to get the SA to resubmit the trade in as a re-evaluation after some change (more miles or something incorrect/missing from the first eval).

I had a Telluride SX offer of $45K from a local dealer while considering to buy a new car. That's $15K lower than offers 1.5 months ago. The market has changed drastically IMO.