Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trading in Model S, keep old UMC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trading in my 2014 Model S for one of the last RWD Model 3's on Monday, but I was wondering...

Has anyone been able to keep their old, Gen 1 UMC when they trade in their Model S? I'd rather hang on to the 40A charger, with the additional adapters I bought, in case I ever need to charge on a 14-50 on a trip for some reason. (Better to have and not need yada-yada...)

After researching my S for a year, then having months to do more research waiting for delivery, buying an inventory 3 and taking delivery in about a week is dizzingly fast! haha...

I always keep my charger. If they ask for it, I will include it. But, the last two times they did not.

Thanks! I didn't want to feel like I was doing, or actually be doing, something shady. It makes sense that they wouldn't care unless they were refurbing them and passing them along with CPOs. This is also nice because I have the old 220v adapter for the old dryer plug at my parent's house that wouldn't work (as I understand it) on the new UMC.

I guess I'm also going to have a set of Tesla all-weather mats that I can't use, but they're definitely not getting those, either, haha.

• Helpful
Reactions: DUBM3