Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trading in my 2017 Model S for a non-Tesla EV. How do I get a partial refund for a Tesla extended warrantee?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not done this personally, but you can find the procedure on Tesla's web site under the documentation for the extended service agreement.

Start with this page: Extended Service Agreement | Tesla Support

If you go down to the bottom of the Q&A section, the last entry talks about cancellation. I've copied in below that section, including the link to the cancellation form you need to fill out. Note that it requires a wet signature (meaning done in ink, not electroncally).

Can I cancel my Extended Service Agreement? Can I upgrade or downgrade my Tesla Extended Service Agreement?
Yes. You can request to cancel your Extended Service Agreement at any time and receive a prorated refund, based on your claims history. Review the Extended Service Agreement Terms and Conditions for more information. You cannot downgrade or upgrade your Extended Service Agreement once you have purchased. To request a cancellation, reach out to your local Service Center or contact us with the Extended Service Agreement Cancellation Form. The form requires a wet signature. Electronically signed forms will not be accepted.