Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trading in my bosses old Model X for his new Model X- can he sign trade in docs electronically?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My boss ordered a new Model X and home delivery is no longer available in our area.

I am the owners personal assistant and he would like me to drop off his trade in 2019 Model X and pick up his new 2023 Model X from Mt Kisco location about 5 hours away from his residence in NY.

According to Tesla website, he is required to physically at Mt Kisco for trade in. Has anyone successfully done this with electronic doc sign? Or affidavit signed in advance?

My boss ordered a new Model X and home delivery is no longer available in our area.

I am the owners personal assistant and he would like me to drop off his trade in 2019 Model X and pick up his new 2023 Model X from Mt Kisco location about 5 hours away from his residence in NY.

According to Tesla website, he is required to physically at Mt Kisco for trade in. Has anyone successfully done this with electronic doc sign? Or affidavit signed in advance?
Your boss will have to physically be there. As far as I know.

Upvote 0
I don’t know if it was quarter end sales tactic but on December 30 the local Tesla delivery center said I could authorize someone to pick up for me. That was in response to me telling them I was out of state until later in January so I could not take delivery on a Y by December 31. After they told me that then I told them I wanted to inspect it personally so I wasn’t going to send someone on my behalf to pick up. They reluctantly put the reservation on hold.

Upvote 0